[SOLVED] Cooler Master MB511 v MB520?

So I'm looking for parts for a friend and I've so far narrowed it down to these two. (Based on looks, functionality, customer service, and performance, these are the best ones available for the budget in my market).

The TD500 Mesh is ugly as heck. Meshify C is $25 more, Lancool 215 is always out of stock, and same price as this, and doesn't look nearly as good. P400A permanently out of stock for as long as I can remember. Corsair cases too expensive. Silverstone doesn't have customer service here yet so I'll have to ship it outside (hell no).

My question is, the 520 looks way better because of the front (tempered glass I assume?) panel, but I'm wondering if that restricts airflow. I'm kinda torn because the side vents look massive to me, and I don't think there will be an airflow impedance. Thoughts?

Solution
I like that one! Expensive though. I was looking at the MB520 again, that's a nice big case. Room for six fans and has "aggressive intakes." Six fans! And probably the largest liquid cooler would fit in there too, if your friend is into that.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
My question is, the 520 looks way better because of the front (tempered glass I assume?) panel, but I'm wondering if that restricts airflow. I'm kinda torn because the side vents look massive to me, and I don't think there will be an airflow impedance. Thoughts?
It would be ok if the stock fans were actually adequate for the impedence created by the front panel. You can make it work with some high static pressure fans, but that's adding to the cost.

This Corsair is on sale so it's the same price as the mb520. I think it's prettier. And definitely not a hotbox. (Although it may be pricier in your country.)

https://www.newegg.com/black-corsair-icue-220t-rgb-airflow-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811139142

I think the TD500 Mesh is better looking than the MB520 though, so we may not agree on aesthetics. :)
It is pricier. It's about $22 more than the mb520
The TD500 looks good except for the side glass. That just looks horrendous to me lol

Reactions: Viorala
This Corsair is on sale so it's the same price as the mb520. I think it's prettier. And definitely not a hotbox. (Although it may be pricier in your country.)

https://www.newegg.com/black-corsair-icue-220t-rgb-airflow-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811139142

I think the TD500 Mesh is better looking than the MB520 though, so we may not agree on aesthetics. :)
What about the 220T non airflow? The one with the glass front? It looks beautiful but it feels like it'll be the Amazon in there. Spontaneous fires

Viorala

Reputable
May 20, 2019
I like that one! Expensive though. I was looking at the MB520 again, that's a nice big case. Room for six fans and has "aggressive intakes." Six fans! And probably the largest liquid cooler would fit in there too, if your friend is into that.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Solution
LOL the glass one is $12 cheaper than the airflow one here. I would've bought that if not for the suffocated looking front. It's really beautiful, plus I won't have to deal with some rgb header nonsense, just the 2.0 USB header

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/220T-RGB/p/CC-9011190-WW

Theres a marketing line :"Keep it clean"
Apparnelty there's a dust filter on the front when the tempered glass is taken off. This is perfect. It can just be run without the glass lol. And it's a bit smaller. I think I'm gonna go for this instead. Thanks for the help!

PS: if you can find anything else, it's welcome