Question Cooler Master ML120R RGB wiring

Dec 31, 2018
Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Plus
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

Needing assistance on getting this RGB controller connected just right, lots of wires and the instructions only show this for AMD

28ui58z.jpg

lower left of the image, is where my CPU 4 pin connection is. However the connection coming from the pump itself is 3 pin....And also the RGB connections for the radiator fans are 3 pin (1 blocked ) and my board has 4 pin leads. Am i not able to just eliminate this controller? Anyone have this exact setup and can show me how to properly connect this cooler?

Mind your language.
This is a family friendly site.
Lutfij

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
If you're referring to the connector off the pump that is meant for delivering power and signal to the board, then the connector will only go in, in one direction. According to the notch. If you're asking about the 4 pin RGB header, you will need cable # 4 as stated in your manual to tether the connector on the board and the controller.

Dec 31, 2018
Got it all wired up, i ended up breaking down the whole PSU cabling, removing the Vega 64, and reconnecting everything all over. But i'd like to control this via the MSI Mysticlight app. Do i have to use the microUSB cable to the controller and the USB pinout on the board? Again the manual doesn't state anything about doing so.