kalern123

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
The tilte says it all.

Should they spin at all times? Or do they only start when the cpu gets hot enough???

I tried using the splitter that comes with but it didn’t work. I tried putting one of the fans directly in cpu fan header and opt fan header. Also tried on chassis fan 2. Nothing works. None of the fans work. But I think it’s kind of weird that they both would be defective???? Which brings me back to the question: so they only start when the cpu gets hot enough?

The tilte says it all.

Should they spin at all times? Or do they only start when the cpu gets hot enough???

I tried using the splitter that comes with but it didn’t work. I tried putting one of the fans directly in cpu fan header and opt fan header. Also tried on chassis fan 2. Nothing works. None of the fans work. But I think it’s kind of weird that they both would be defective???? Which brings me back to the question: so they only start when the cpu gets hot enough?
Which MB are you connecting them to ? Any other fans starting ? I have never seen an MB that has setting for CPU fans to not run even at lowest temps.

kalern123

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Which MB are you connecting them to ? Any other fans starting ? I have never seen an MB that has setting for CPU fans to not run even at lowest temps.
Asus Z270H, guess both of them are defect.. but i find that weird, like whats the possibility of recieving two dead fans? I should try Lotto.

kalern123

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Did you try resetting CMOS/BIOS, or check settings for fans, it's possible that their starting temperatures or voltages are set too high/low. Also check for fan control mode PWM or Voltage control mode.
Thanks! I haven’t gotten that far yet, cus I’m building it, but I started it without a graphics card and monitor just to see the fans/pumps and rgb working. But I will check the bios too when I get that far.

TRENDING THREADS