[SOLVED] Cooler Master ML240L High Temps

Spencer993

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Hi,

Today I installed the Cooler Master ML240L V2 for my Ryzen 5 3600, and I'm seeing some pretty high temperatures, I would have expected lower from a brand new AIO. Idle temps are from 38-47C, and load temps are up to 79C running Prime95. Do these temperatures seem appropriate for this cooler?

Just some extra info, the cooler is front mounted in an NZXT H510 with the tubes toward the top of the case. The fans are inside the case, in a pull configuration. The CPU isn't overclocked and is running factory settings. AIO_PUMP is running at 100% in BIOS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Solution
You would expect to see temps up to 79C using P95 even with small FFTs and no AVX .
The AIO is acceptable but inadequate if you intend to Overclock. There are AIR coolers with better performance.
Your temps are not going to be as high in a real world situation. P95 is an aggressive thermal algorithm and definitely should not be used with AVX for any period.

Have you connected the two fan cables using the 4-pin PWM cable splitter, and plugged the fan splitter into the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. The 3-pin pump cable to the CPU_OPT header. ?
You would expect to see temps up to 79C using P95 even with small FFTs and no AVX .
The AIO is acceptable but inadequate if you intend to Overclock. There are AIR coolers with better performance.
Your temps are not going to be as high in a real world situation. P95 is an aggressive thermal algorithm and definitely should not be used with AVX for any period.

Have you connected the two fan cables using the 4-pin PWM cable splitter, and plugged the fan splitter into the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard. The 3-pin pump cable to the CPU_OPT header. ?

Last edited:
Solution