Cooler Master ML240l RGB - Custom Colours without Mainboard or 30€ Controller?

Oct 16, 2018
Hi all, I recently bought a Cooler Master ML240L RGB AiO cpu cooler, the problem is that I can choose of only five certain colour modes. I'd prefer a constant blue to match the cooler with the rest of my case, but my physical controller has as already said only those few modes and my Mainboard, the Msi Z170A doesn't support Msi Mystic Light (at least when I tried it, it said something like incompatible)

Is there any software that I can use to change the colour?

Thanks and greetings from Austria (as no German speaking person was able to help me)

Solution
At current state, you can only change AIO RGB LEDs with included RGB controller. If it isn't good enough, your options are limited and you can't get software control over your AIO RGB LEDs, unless you change your MoBo.

While i too have MSI Z170A MoBo in my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig), only software that i can use to control RGB LED is MSI Gaming App, which i've used to control my MSI Gaming X GPU RGB LED. Though, MSI Gaming App is proprietary software and it only controls MSI products.

Only way, that i know of, to get static LED color is by using Akasa Vegas control card in Manual Mode,
specs...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
At current state, you can only change AIO RGB LEDs with included RGB controller. If it isn't good enough, your options are limited and you can't get software control over your AIO RGB LEDs, unless you change your MoBo.

While i too have MSI Z170A MoBo in my Skylake build (full specs with pics in my sig), only software that i can use to control RGB LED is MSI Gaming App, which i've used to control my MSI Gaming X GPU RGB LED. Though, MSI Gaming App is proprietary software and it only controls MSI products.

Only way, that i know of, to get static LED color is by using Akasa Vegas control card in Manual Mode,
specs: http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Gaming&type_sub=RGB%20LED%20Lighting&model=AK-RLD-02

Besides static color, you can also turn the LEDs off. Breathing and fade features are already present in your AIO RGB controller.

Solution