Question cooler master ml240r Fans not detected

Jul 4, 2019
Hi all,

I’ve recently put together a new build and I noticed on the bios page that the radiator fans for my ML240R were not being detected. I tried to do some testing like plugging the pump into CPU OPT. The pump was detected and could be configured, so I moved the radiator fans from CPU FAN to CPU OPT, and they were still not detected. This to me ruled out the mobo being the issue.

I’ve now connected the pump to SYS FAN 5/PUMP which is where I believe it should go as I can use the bios to set certain pump settings but my radiator fans while running show no stats.

A little note, when I connected my pump to CPU opt and my fans to CPU, whatever change I made to CPU opt affected the radiator fans too. Weird I know. I wonder if anyone has an idea to the issue.

Also a note, the coolermaster RGB controller only picks up that I have relevant hardware when the pump is plugged to SYS pump but not when it’s in CPU OPT (though the mobo picks it up fine)

Below is my system:
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390
Intel i9900k not overclocked
Corsair vengeance DDR4 32GB (8x4)
850W Corsair Gold PSU
Nvidia 1080ti
Deepcool ARK SE case

Hi all,

I’ve recently put together a new build and I noticed on the bios page that the radiator fans for my ML240R were not being detected. I tried to do some testing like plugging the pump into CPU OPT. The pump was detected and could be configured, so I moved the radiator fans from CPU FAN to CPU OPT, and they were still not detected. This to me ruled out the mobo being the issue.

I’ve now connected the pump to SYS FAN 5/PUMP which is where I believe it should go as I can use the bios to set certain pump settings but my radiator fans while running show no stats.

A little note, when I connected my pump to CPU opt and my fans to CPU, whatever change I made to CPU opt affected the radiator fans too. Weird I know. I wonder if anyone has an idea to the issue.

Also a note, the coolermaster RGB controller only picks up that I have relevant hardware when the pump is plugged to SYS pump but not when it’s in CPU OPT (though the mobo picks it up fine)

Below is my system:
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Z390
Intel i9900k not overclocked
Corsair vengeance DDR4 32GB (8x4)
850W Corsair Gold PSU
Nvidia 1080ti
Deepcool ARK SE case
Is this your MB https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10#sp '?
That MB has a water cooling CPU fan header, ideal place for pump, just set it to 100% all the time because it's meant to work like that and that header can give much more power.

Jul 4, 2019
Is this your MB https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-10#sp '?
That MB has a water cooling CPU fan header, ideal place for pump, just set it to 100% all the time because it's meant to work like that and that header can give much more power.

That’s the one. I’m guessing you mean CPU OPT? Which is listed as a CPU watercooling fan header. I was confused if this was for the liquid cooling radiator or the pump. However when I used this one for the pump, it seemed to control the radiator fans as well. Meaning setting it to 100% made the fans 100%...it’s all very odd.