Question COOLER MASTER MWE 650 BRONZE - V2

xvickycruz

Commendable
Aug 10, 2018
How good is this Cooler Master MWE 650W BRONZE V2 DC-to-DC+LLC PSU for 57.3$?
My current specs is I5-3570/GTX 1050Ti/2 DDR3 DIMMS/ 1xSSD/3x HDD and Corsair 80+ white VS650(yes the old orange one).
I purchased the VS650 in used condition and it's about to complete 3years. As it is widely known as the cheap mediocre PSU base on old technology so I thought to upgrade to a new good PSU which will last long with my future upgrades (Ex:- R5 3600/1660S/2 DDR4 DIMMS/same SSD and HDD/Air cooler).

I also search for Corsair CX series 650WPSU but it was cost like 77$ for Non-Modular and 92$ for modular. Brand like Seasonic, Thermaltek, EVGA arn't available widely in my country so I had to choose between these 2 brands along with few other like ANTEC, Gigabyte and DeepCool.
Some people told me that this V2 version has been upgraded significantly from previous gen with good quality Taiwanese capacitors and MOSFET and there's nothing to worry about the current output and longevity.
I'm gonna use this PSU for at least next 4-5 year or more so please kindly tell is this MWE v2 worth 57$ and will it retain it's efficiency for next couple of years without any failure????
I'm also curious that why YouTube don't have any video about this PSU, why people don't buy or review it??
Should I drop the plan to buy it???

My current specs is I5-3570/GTX 1050Ti/2 DDR3 DIMMS/ 1xSSD/3x HDD and Corsair 80+ white VS650(yes the old orange one).
I purchased the VS650 in used condition and it's about to complete 3years. As it is widely known as the cheap mediocre PSU base on old technology so I thought to upgrade to a new good PSU which will last long with my future upgrades (Ex:- R5 3600/1660S/2 DDR4 DIMMS/same SSD and HDD/Air cooler).

I also search for Corsair CX series 650WPSU but it was cost like 77$ for Non-Modular and 92$ for modular. Brand like Seasonic, Thermaltek, EVGA arn't available widely in my country so I had to choose between these 2 brands along with few other like ANTEC, Gigabyte and DeepCool.
Some people told me that this V2 version has been upgraded significantly from previous gen with good quality Taiwanese capacitors and MOSFET and there's nothing to worry about the current output and longevity.
I'm gonna use this PSU for at least next 4-5 year or more so please kindly tell is this MWE v2 worth 57$ and will it retain it's efficiency for next couple of years without any failure????
I'm also curious that why YouTube don't have any video about this PSU, why people don't buy or review it??
Cooler Master only has a couple decent power supplies and that is not one of them. It's another cheap PSU, not much better than the VS, if at all. If you want a good PSU to last 4-5 years, as you say, you need to increase your budget. The Corsair CX is the lowest I'd recommend, certainly nothing less than that.

As far as I have knowledge about PSUs.. MWE V2 have same design as Corsair CX have.. but component quality differs..

But still CM MWE V2 is better than Corsair VS..

MWE Gold V2 > CX > MWE V2 (bronze/white) > CV > VS > MWE V1 > other cheap PSUs...

Just felt the need to revisit this, because while the MWE bronze v2 units aren't great, they are in fact MUCH better than any Corsair VS or older CX/CXm. They are probably fairly comparable to something like the newer CX units. They do however have an annoying habit of "clicking" whenever they go from resonant to burst mode, so if periodic or semi-frequent low level clicking bothers you, you might want to stay away from any power supply using a platform that utilizes burst mode operation.

I wasn't even aware they had released ANOTHER new CX platform in 2023. I was judging by the previous gen that seemingly must be up to 2023, which was far better than the old CX platforms. If they are the same platform now as the CV then they are on the absolutely don't use list and that makes the MWE v2 look even better than it already did for a system that absolutely requires a least cost budget option.