Nov 9, 2020
so I'm building a budget level PC
i3 10100/ i5 10400f
motherboard H410
8gb ram ddr4
a budget level GPU GTX 1650s/2060 at best
1tb WD hdd+ SSD 240gb
( I don't plan to do any overclocking)
I know I should get a better psu's but these two are the best I could pick up in my area anything else is just way too expensive right now or unavailable so I'll have to choose the
the lesser evil, so which one would you recommend me between the two?

Pics-Art-11-23-07-52-55.jpg

Solution
The CM MWE is a better option, higher wattage better efficiency so better built quality than the vs500. Though the vs500 is ok that’s if your pc isn’t very power hungry.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
thanks a lot! :giggle:
No problem. I can see that you’re on a budget as well and it seems like you wanna get the RTX 2060. You see the 2060 requires a 500 watt psu and if you were to get the vs500 it would be enough but it’s not decent enough to even be put under load like that. Sometimes it’s always good to get a higher wattage psu at least 600-700 watt range so later on when your thinking of upgrading your GPU, or CPU you don’t have to worry about upgrading your psu.

anyways no problem and enjoy your build, I’ve done extra research about the CM MWE and it has pretty good reviews.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
NEITHER.

If the CoolerMaster were the MWE V2 (the V2 part is important) it might fall under the "acceptable" category.

The first link in my signature gives a guide as to what to get and what to avoid. The second one is the "if it MUST fit in a tight budget" guide.

If you're buying in the US, I would suggest this:
https://www.newegg.com/corsair-cx-series-cx450-450w/p/N82E16817139201

$59.99, but a $20 mail in rebate brings it to $39.99. I would recommend this above the two you suggested.

If you're not in the US, what stores (online) do you have access to?

Reactions: Epictruckdz

Epictruckdz

Prominent
Nov 9, 2020
NEITHER.

If the CoolerMaster were the MWE V2 (the V2 part is important) it might fall under the "acceptable" category.

The first link in my signature gives a guide as to what to get and what to avoid. The second one is the "if it MUST fit in a tight budget" guide.

$59.99, but a $20 mail in rebate brings it to $39.99. I would recommend this above the two you suggested.

I would have loved to get the cx but it's unavailable unfortunately, the online stores I could use are Amazon and aliexpress but the shipping is expensive and usually takes up to 35-50 days
there's the thermaltake smart bx1 rgb 550w and gigabyte b700h in the online local stores if I add an extra $35 anything beyond that is just impossible for my budget
and yeah the cooler master MWE is the V2 so I guess I should be fine with it for now.
thank you so much guys for the help I too much appreciate it! :)

Reactions: JoBalz and King_V
NEITHER.

Well as far as I know.. MWE V2 is actually very a good unit.. I put Corsair CX and MWE V2 equally as they provide almost same value for money..

Because I have never seen any issue with MWE V2 or even in reviews.. and it's internals.. are acceptable.. as MWE V2 is available at same price as Corsair CV Units...

CX is safe spot... I know.. but MWE V2 is for Budget users...
MWE V2 uses Taiwanese Capacitors.. which are not good as CX Japnese Capacitor.. but they are not bad either..

MWE V2 is a better option than Corsair CV and VS units..

(If some have faced serious issue with MWE V2 so please let me know.. as it is important to have Proper knowledge about what I am recommending)

Reactions: JoBalz