Question Cooler master MWE Premature failure

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
Hello, I've been having this very very odd problem lately where when my pc boots up it would flash and then freeze completely, this problem has been happening for 2 months now, this occurs when there is a power failure and the computer loses power suddenly. This problem also occurs in the bios and even after a few seconds of booting up , sometimes it happens instantly while other times it can be several minutes after boot up this problem has happened before but it stopped after a few days by itself(I don't know how) but recently yesterday there was a power failure and it started again. The issue doesn't happen even when I stress test my pc or anything it was running games perfectly fine and everything was great.I reinstalled windows, checked my harddisks and reseated everything on the mobo, tried different cables. This issue is really really odd. It only occurs after a bad shutdown during a power outage and when it boots up sometimes when it freezes the sound playing bugs out, other times the computer freezes and the monitor just flashes at random times while at some times the monitor freezes and flashes but I can control still control the pc like play music etc... I have read on other forums that this may be due to my PSU, but the PSU is only 8 months old, could it be my gpu which is 2 years old?
Specs:
Core i3 9100f
Gt 1030
8gb 2400mhz
Cooler master MWE 550W

Last edited:
Hello, I've been having this very very odd problem lately where when my pc boots up it would flash and then freeze completely, this problem has been happening for 2 months now, this occurs when there is a power failure and the computer loses power suddenly. This problem also occurs in the bios and even after a few seconds of booting up , sometimes it happens instantly while other times it can be several minutes after boot up this problem has happened before but it stopped after a few days by itself(I don't know how) but recently yesterday there was a power failure and it started again. The issue doesn't happen even when I stress test my pc or anything it was running games perfectly fine and everything was great.I reinstalled windows, checked my harddisks and reseated everything on the mobo, tried different cables. This issue is really really odd. It only occurs after a bad shutdown during a power outage and when it boots up sometimes when it freezes the sound playing bugs out, other times the computer freezes and the monitor just flashes at random times while at some times the monitor freezes and flashes but I can control still control the pc like play music etc... I have read on other forums that this may be due to my PSU, but the PSU is only 8 months old, could it be my gpu which is 2 years old?
Specs:
Core i3 9100f
Gt 1030
8gb 2400mhz
Cooler master MWE 550W
That's not your PSU. That's your motherboard.

Why does your computer keep losing power suddenly? Do you have your memory settings set manually in your BIOS or is everything set to "AUTO" still?

yash.veer.yv26

Reputable
Feb 18, 2018
That's not your PSU. That's your motherboard.

Why does your computer keep losing power suddenly? Do you have your memory settings set manually in your BIOS or is everything set to "AUTO" still?
The settings are all default in the bios, btw flash and freeze occurs in bios too and the computer doesn't always completely restart all of the times sometimes it just freezes and keeps blinking for a very long time maybe 2 or 3 hours then just eventually turn all black.. I don't have a spare PSU but I could give my PSU to my friend to use it in his computer and see if he has the same problem and how are you so sure it's mobo? Forgive me if im being annoying

AntonyLovric

Honorable
Aug 4, 2014
When the computer shuts down abnormally.

This is causing me to think about what happens on an unplanned shutdown. If you have a Samsung SSD with 'Rapid Mode' enabled it's actually using RAM to buffer the read/write of the disk. This might explain the problem that happens when you lose power, but not the BIOS mode issue.....

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS