[SOLVED] Cooler Master MWE V2 vs G-Series

Abhraneel Roy

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
MWE GOLD V2 - https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/mwe-series/mwe-gold-650-v2-full-modular/

G-Series GOLD - https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/power-supplies/g-series/g800-gold/

Wattage levels are different , ignore that
Both are Gold series , only difference i saw was one is Modular and other is non modular.

Both are providing same 5 yrs of warranty.

In my country , both costs around the same.
And which one is more worth it ?
Dont care about cable management.
So modular or non modular is not a problem for me.
Only thing im concerned are the internal components.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Thing is that, i think, nobody really can say what parts are within the "G" series. have read a kind of review about the MWE Gold but even that shows a general picture of the inside. Have seen someone here say that the "G" series is a costdown version of the MWE Gold, but no evidence of that, seeing both have a 5 year waranty and same fan can i only guess that inards are about the same quality and what makes them seperate versions is the "non modular" vs the "modular" of these psu's.

Question from us would be is for what parts? What should this powering? What budget do you have? What shop do you buy from ...

Abhraneel Roy

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
Thing is that, i think, nobody really can say what parts are within the "G" series. have read a kind of review about the MWE Gold but even that shows a general picture of the inside. Have seen someone here say that the "G" series is a costdown version of the MWE Gold, but no evidence of that, seeing both have a 5 year waranty and same fan can i only guess that inards are about the same quality and what makes them seperate versions is the "non modular" vs the "modular" of these psu's.

Question from us would be is for what parts? What should this powering? What budget do you have? What shop do you buy from ...

Exactly , thats what i am thinking about , G seies of 800 W costs a little less than the 650 W of MWE series (8$ less)
Both providing same warranty.