[SOLVED] Cooler master MWE white 750W V1: run 24/7 for server pc?

k1lerbee.contact

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
How is this PSU? I am planning to buy one and run it 24/7 for my server with the following specs:
  • supermicro X8DTL-3F
  • 2 x L5640
  • 6 x 4 GB samsung ECC DDR3
  • GT 730
  • GTX 1050
  • 2 x SSD
  • 4 x HDD
  • pcie USB 3.0 card
  • 140 mm fan, 2 x 120 mm fan and 2 x 120 mm fans for coolers
Is it reliable enough?

Solution
How is this PSU? I am planning to buy one and run it 24/7 for my server with the following specs:
  • supermicro X8DTL-3F
  • 2 x L5640
  • GT 730
  • GTX 1050
  • 2 x SSD
  • 4 x HDD
  • pcie USB 3.0 card
Is it reliable enough?
No. It is not a good quality model and not fit to be running 24/7. You need a higher quality, higher efficiency model that can run all the time. You're going to have to spend more money and get a decent PSU. If you use a cheap power supply and it fails you deserve what you get.

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
wattage wise it’s more than enough, but it’s not very efficient, so it’ll run a bit warm and maybe loud if you don't care about that then go for it.

if you do try to find a PSU within the bronze, or gold plus at least since those tend to have better built quality. Although not all of them are going to be good.

a Corsair cx650m (grey model) would be enough and good for you since this server all together don’t require much of a high wattage psu, more importantly a PSU that can deliver a stable power 24/7 without failing causing you to lose data and having to recover all the damage.

there are also good other power supplies that cooler master provides, and other brands as well.

• supermicro X8DTL-3F
  • 2 x L5640
  • GT 730
  • GTX 1050
  • 2 x SSD
  • 4 x HDD
  • pcie USB 3.0 card
Is it reliable enough?
No. It is not a good quality model and not fit to be running 24/7. You need a higher quality, higher efficiency model that can run all the time. You're going to have to spend more money and get a decent PSU. If you use a cheap power supply and it fails you deserve what you get.

Solution

k1lerbee.contact

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019

what about Cooler Master MWE 650W V2 Gold; it is a lower watt though (yeah pretty much only cooler master is available in my country; corsair and stuff very rare and overpriced)

edit: the Cooler Master MWE 650W V2 Gold is twice the price of the 750W bronze

what about Cooler Master MWE 650W V2 Gold; it is a lower watt though (yeah pretty much only cooler master is available in my country; corsair and stuff very rare and overpriced)

edit: the Cooler Master MWE 650W V2 Gold is twice the price of the 750W bronze
Yes, definitely an improvement over the other model and still has plenty of power. There are better options but if they're out of your price range then this will work.

k1lerbee.contact

Reputable
Jan 2, 2019
After double checking your motherboard it has two 8-pin CPU connectors. I don't think the 650 will work with 2 CPU's.

It does have 2 8 pin EPS connectors:

It does have 2 8 pin EPS connectors:
Ok, nevermind, my bad, I thought it only had one.