[SOLVED] Cooler master or seasonic

Jun 6, 2020
I'm building my first pc and i'm still looking for a psu to pair with these parts:
  • AMD ryzen 5 1600 AF
  • Msi radeon rx 570 8gb
  • ASRock b450m pro-4
  • 16gb ddr4 3200 mhz
  • 258 gb M.2 SSd
The two psu's that i have in mind right now are the Cooler Master mwe 450w 80+ and the Seasonic s12iii 500w 80+ bronze.
The Seasonic has better wattage and higher efficiency, but from my research doesn't seem the be the most reliable psu, whereas the Cooler Master has the lower performance but that reliability and quality factor. Where i live they're both around the same price.

So i wondered if some of you could leave there thoughts or maybe could come up with some other good options. And do any of you also reccomend looking into used psu's or should i stay away from these.

Last edited:
Solution
That's less than a 300 Watt PC under load. A 450 watt or higher would work fine.

I would get the Seasonic even though it's a older design they were good power supplies. Today people say their not to be used not a clue why they worked for a very long time and I never seen mass reports of them blowing up or frying parts. Might not be the best option but you do could do much worse.

Not sure where you live but a Corsair CX 450 / 550 would also be a decent choice.
Jun 6, 2020
Are these the only two PSU's at your disposal? If Seasonic is a brand you have access to, look for the Focus series of PSU's. For that entire build you're going to need a little more juice, more like 550W at the minimum.
But my psu calculator said i only needed around 400w and also the focus series is way out of my budget.
I only have around 50 to spend.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That's less than a 300 Watt PC under load. A 450 watt or higher would work fine.

I would get the Seasonic even though it's a older design they were good power supplies. Today people say their not to be used not a clue why they worked for a very long time and I never seen mass reports of them blowing up or frying parts. Might not be the best option but you do could do much worse.

Not sure where you live but a Corsair CX 450 / 550 would also be a decent choice.

Last edited:
Solution