Question Cooler Master Q500L upgrade?

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
I have a Q500L with a extra modded fan but it still runs hot even with all the fan slots filled. Is there another case that's still small and portable but doesn't have this temperature problem?

Lutfij

Titan
Define hot. The case was reviewed by many and had earned the reputation of being a MasterOven, not a MasterCase. That being said, the case is the problem, not the number of fans inside the case.

What are your (innards)specs? What is your budget and where are you located(so we can recommend some cases)?

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
My budget is anything along as its portable because my parents are divorced, I'm in the US and my specs are

Amd Fx 6300, soon to be replaced
Stock cooler
Msi sli kraft edition 970a
Evga GeForce gtx 960 ssc
Corsair cx600
Alot of 120mm and 140mm fans
Samsung ssd 860 evo
Fan controller
uphere Led graphics card brace

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
The q500l temps were poor because they were 8c cooler with the side panel off and the fans tend to ramp up

In fallout 4 here is the max temps i saw with the side panel on

Cpu 67c max
Gpu 68c max
Motherboard 67c max
Ssd 45c

DSzymborski

Titan
Please don't put more money into a 2012 platform by changing the motherboard! Hopefully you're talking a whole new platform and not just another AM3+ motherboard.

The H500 would be preferable. Lian Li makes a lot of good cases, but the thermals of this build are not going to be ideal for a mini-itx case with a really constricted front.

eibelbilly

Proper
May 6, 2020
Please don't put more money into a 2012 platform by changing the motherboard! Hopefully you're talking a whole new platform and not just another AM3+ motherboard.

The H500 would be preferable. Lian Li makes a lot of good cases, but the thermals of this build are not going to be ideal for a mini-itx case with a really constricted front.
If I was to change the motherboard I would change the cpu to , do you think I'm that stupid