Cooler Master Releases Seidon Liquid CPU Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
If you're going to push out of the slim/mobile desktop market and into the higher end cooling, either make it more customizable or go bigger/better.

(Big air coolers have a mobility issue. Bump the case the wrong way, and the motherboard may snap.)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]and no close loop GPU cooler.[/citation]

Where are you going to mount it? Side casing is not possible because not all cases support side fans, and some only have enough space for a fan.

[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom](Big air coolers have a mobility issue. Bump the case the wrong way, and the motherboard may snap.)[/citation]

I have a hyper 212 EVO and have literally fallen into my case knocking it over and still had no issues with anything snapping. Though the evo isn't a HUGE cooler.

I still use my Thermaltake Kandalf LCS original cooler keeping my Q6600 very cool (on stock its cooler than ambient temps by 1 C, dont ask me how thats possible).

I think all these fixed cooling systems have no chance vs some Swiftech//monster radiators.

And if you do mvoe into water cooling, you probably want exactly that.

None of these self-contained low-cost liquid-cooling solutions offer phenomenal performance (similar performance to mid to high end air cooling solutions), though they give you plenty of room to work around your motherboard without getting in the way, because the bulkiest part of the solution is at a fan exhaust port on your case. There's definitely value in that if you tinker with your hardware a lot.

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]I have a hyper 212 EVO and have literally fallen into my case knocking it over and still had no issues with anything snapping. Though the evo isn't a HUGE cooler.[/citation]
Repeat the process with Noctua NH-D14 installed and see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.