Cooler Master Reveals Elite 130 Mini-ITX Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006

Yes, yes you are the only one that cares.

That is a sexy case. IT literally has everything you could ask for, functionally speaking. All that AND it's only $50. That's pretty damn reasonable. I'm sure I'll buy one eventually.

JPNpower

Honorable
Jun 7, 2013
Time for the internal optical drive to go away on these small cases for other components or airflow.

I love my optical drive, and use it regularly. But I can live with something external, if it meant better airflow for the main machine.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
I agree. Remove the optical drive bay. Just like the other commenter said, I use my optical drive more often then most people do now but I would much rather have better airflow. Maybe make the bay detachable and include an extra front mesh cover without the cutout?

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006

If you had gone to the website, you would find that that area doubles as space for 2 2.5" drives (IE, two SSDs or one SSD and a large Laptop size HD)

If you put a 120mm radiator in the system, it doesn't leave a lot of room for multiple drives.

That being said, you can produce a very powerful system in a small footprint with this case because of the 120mm raditor and ability to put a dual GPU card in it. This allows you to get a good overclock on your CPU and can drop 16 G of RAM in it (but that might be overkill). I made a good gaming machine using the Elite 120 (the older sibling of this case), but because it takes work to put a radiator in the 120, you're limited on how much power you can push, with the addition of the radiator, you can build a monster in a small footprint.

I can very easily see Bit Fenix losing some market share in the SFF area (where the Prodigy sits) due to what Cooler Master did with their update for the E120 to the E130.

ronmccord

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
This is an awesome case like a mini Haf Xb. I will go with one ssd, one msi lighting video card and msi motherboard ( I like mil specs) The mesh is great I wont even use an optical drive with a modular powersupply I will have a super clean build and cables. The Prodigy is junk so big for mini itx and a wobbly stand. This looks so clean, affordable and even a little military look to it. Great Job Coolermaster, if you could just shrink the Scout down to mini Itx size and keep the handle you then have the best lineup in the business. This is all you need for 99% of users, you can also buy a sugo bag for travel to carry it in. Also this is an easy case to organzie cables and to maintain

SirTrollsALot

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Be cool if these were stack-able. I get two for redundancy and mess around with parallel computing!!! Now if only they made X79 ITX's ... or someone suggest something else? CPU/MOBO under $600 x 2 of course

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Although this looks good, the Bitphoenix Prodigy still the best all around. Where else can you get a ITX case that can fit a 230mm fan and a 240 radiator at the same time and still use all the included HDD bays without chopping up the case with a dremel

OcelotRex

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013

The prodigy holds mini itx but is the same volume as a micro-atx tower...

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
Cooler Master has an even smaller case available that is more of a cube with no optical drive bay. Is CM going to release the CM Elite 110 in the USA? They have a size comparison on their website comparing it to the CM Elite 120/130. Can we expect it to be sold in the USA?

ceh4702

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
I like the bitfenix prodigy, but it is too large. May as well just get a MATX case. The handle on top is kind of nice but it could be smaller without the dumb handles on the bottom. A lot of people want a small case but not as small as a case a standard hard drive will not fit in. Not everyone needs a 1200 watt power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.