Question Cooler master RGB controller compatibility

NicolasIragorri1

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Hi guys!! I was wondering if you could help me with the following -

My case is (Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid-Tower with 3 RGB Fans Tempered Glass Side Panel & External Cases MCW-L5S3-KGNN-02).
However, I can't connect the led of the 3 front fans to the motherboard (apparently they are not compatible). I wanted to know if my motherboard (MSI z170A sli) is compatible with the following controller?

Cooler Master RGB Controller/Hub for Computer Case Fans, Software supported, 4 Connecting Ports, USB Link, Multiple Light Modes, Color Customization - 1 pack - https://www.newegg.ca/cooler-master-mfy-rcsn-nnudk-r1-black/p/N82E16811999379?reviews=all&Description=Cooler Master RGB Controller/Hub for Computer Case Fans&cm_re=Cooler_Master_RGB_Controller/Hub_for_Computer_Case_Fans--11-999-379--Product

Thank you all!

Nicolas

Last edited by a moderator:

NicolasIragorri1

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Hi Lutfij,

I ordered the controller and attempted to install it. However, after installing it to the SATA cable, my computer is no longer booting from my SSD where windows is installed. i went in the BIOS and changed boot priority but nothing is workong. Rhe following message reads: reboot and select proper boot device...
I tried disconnecting the controller and re running the computer, but it still doesnt boot. The BIOS recognizes both my SSD and my HD. What can be wrong?

Thanks