Cooler master rgb controller in H61M-k motherboard

lucasaaron813

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
I recently bought the Cooler Master Masterbox lite 5 rgb, and it comes with pre-installed RGB fans. Tho my H61M-k motherboard does not have a rgb header. After researching a little it looked like i needed a rgb controller, so i went to find one. After a while i found a cooler master rgb controller, but i am not sure it will be compatible with my motherboard. How do you connect the controller to the motherboard?

Solution
You need the CM rgb controller for the rgb light, if you don't have it, the fan will not have the rgb light.
So go to the Cooler Master site, in the download tab to dwonload the manul http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-rgb-accessories/rgb-led-controller/ and buy the fan hub and the CM rgb LED controller, if you want use three rgb fans.
According to the CM rgb LED controller manual, all you need that the MB has the USB2.0 9-pin header, and the SATA power for the power. http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-rgb-accessories/rgb-led-controller/

Because your MB has two USB2.0 headers, and only one 4pin Cha_Fan header. The MB does not have enough fan headers for those three rgb fans. So you need to buy the fan hub or fan controller too. If you connect all the fans into the MB fan header, you will kill the MB.

lucasaaron813

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

So i can't get it to work even with the fan controller? Or do you mean if i plug all the fans into the header together without the controller?

lucasaaron813

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

Okay thanks

lucasaaron813

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
Right now the fans are working, i can't control the speed and there is np light. So if i buy a fan hub and the cooler master controller it will work? Or can it work with just the led controller

Do you plug all three fans into the one cha_fan header? Recommend to buy the fan hub for those three fans, and the CM controller for the rgb light, because usually the fan_header can only output 1Amp or 12W, if three fans can draw more than 1Amp, they will kill the fan_header, in other word, the MB.

lucasaaron813

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017
I plugged the fan power in the front directly into the psu, the rgb lightning cable is just hanging loose. The fans are spinning when i start the pc. Tho can i get it to work with just the led controller and leave the fans running on full speed or do i need the fan hub to get the light to work?

You need the CM rgb controller for the rgb light, if you don't have it, the fan will not have the rgb light.
So go to the Cooler Master site, in the download tab to dwonload the manul http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cooling-rgb-accessories/rgb-led-controller/ and buy the fan hub and the CM rgb LED controller, if you want use three rgb fans.

Solution

lucasaaron813

Prominent
Aug 19, 2017

Okay, now i think i got it. Thank you for your time :)

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Why does he need to buy the fan hub? Can't he just plug the fans directly into the PSU for power and into the CM Controller for the RGB?