Cooler Master Silencio 550 SD card reader not working

Aristophanes

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
I have a PC inside a Cooler Master Silencio 550 case with a built-in SD card reader. Lately, it hasn't been working. It doesn't make a sound when any cards are plugged into it, either regular SD cards or Micro SDs in an adapter.

I'm not sure, but I think it's under the E:\ drive in my computer, but when I look at it under Devices and Printers, it's called USB storage, and it has drivers for USB. I don't have any problems with my external HDD, or whenever I connect anything to one of my other USB ports, but nothing ever comes up as an E:\ drive when connected--leading me to think it has something to do with the SD card reader.

I can't find anything in Device Manager that looks like an SD card reader, though E:\ pops up under Portable Devices. I have sdbus, sdport and sdstor.sys drivers in System32\Drivers though.

Does anybody know what I can do to get my card reader up and running again?

I'm on Win 10 64bit
Intel Core i5 3470
Gigabyte Z77-D3H
16 GB DDR3 RAM

Lutfij

Titan
When you spoke of lately, did it work on your system prior to your migration to Windows 10? If so then the drivers assigned by your OS have probably been the culprit.
1| Disable automatic device driver updates.
2| Uninstall your card reader drivers from device manager, while also making sure your BIOS, chipset and remaining device drivers are up to date.
3| Have a read through this thread and source you drivers(if any)
Sadly there aren't any drivers found off of Coolermaster's Product support page. A work around would be to get a card reader that has Windows 10 drivers support or downgrade to an OS that had proper support for your card reader.

Aristophanes

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Thanks for the advice.

It seems I have a new problem with the card reader. I was following your instructions, Lutfij, and fiddling around in device manager, and it turns out that disabling and re-enabling the 'USB mass storage device' it's listed under starts it working. Now this is a good interim solution, but I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to manually stop and start the port through device manager every time I want to use an SD card. Any fixes for this?

Il Duka

Reputable
Aug 7, 2017
Hi !!
I have a Cooler Master Silencio 650 Pure.Since i I bought the case the card redaer never worked. I would like to know if someone had the same issue with me and if there is a solution.
EDIT: I have already checked the device Manager and the sd card slot seems like it dosen't exist. If this information helps I work with Windows 10. Thank you in advance

Last edited: