Question Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w Gold Any good?

Riosko

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Greetings, I have found myself a deal for one of these power supplies, and was wondering if these are still reliable / safe enough to put in a system.
All i've found out of my research was from about a year or few ago, and have some good reviews, apart from some instances where of course they were DOA, and in one case, fried some components.
So should I go through with this or wait a little more till I get the proper money?
(Fyi: the 'deal' is $40)

That's a pretty old PSU model from Cooler Master, if I'm not mistaken. I don't see this unit to create any serious issues, but why do you want to use 1K WATTS PSU ? What are your full PC specs ?

Are you getting this deal from a shop, or someone else is selling their used/old PSU to you ?

Riosko

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
That's a pretty old PSU model from Cooler Master, if I'm not mistaken. I don't see this unit to create any serious issues, but why do you want to use 1K WATTS PSU ? What are your full PC specs ?

Are you getting this deal from a shop, or someone else is selling their used/old PSU to you ?

While overkill, of course, but I will admit this now. My current build is
Cpu: I7-6700
RAM: 2x8gb Hynix DDR4
Gpu: XFX rx-560 (Intend on replacing with EVGA gtx-1080 FTW2
and one WD 1tb
otherwise: a Dell xps-8900 with a different gpu.

And for the 'deal' it's a secondhand unit.

Riosko

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Okay fine, but if it's a used PSU then I would think actually think twice before grabbing it, unless the reputation of the seller is very good. How OLD would be this PSU ? Because some power supply units do age with time as well.

Not entirely sure on the aging of the PSU, but I saw it had some rather minor cosmetic scuffs and such. But the seller actually had quite a few sold. But other than that, I've changed my mind on this entire thing and wound up getting a Seasonic m12ii-620w ss-620gm for the same price.
But appreciate the help Metal Messiah! Truely do

Reactions: Metal Messiah.