Review Cooler Master Tempest GP27U 160 Hz Mini LED 4K Review: Bright, Colorful And Speedy

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
Alienware QD-OLED monitor is 175HZ and not a lot more expensive but it's 1440P instead of 4K

Samsung's QD-OLED (which that Alienware uses) has a lot of artefacts and color fringing issues.

Just search "color fringing qd-oled" and you'll get hundreds of people pointing out the issues with QD-OLED.

OLED has this problem in general, but it is worse on the QD-OLED from samsung.

atitre.png

Samsung's QD-OLED (which that Alienware uses) has a lot of artefacts and color fringing issues.

Just search "color fringing qd-oled" and you'll get hundreds of people pointing out the issues with QD-OLED.

OLED has this problem in general, but it is worse on the QD-OLED from samsung.

atitre.png
When you are viewing content and playing games there are no issues. This issue with QD-OLED is also partially a windows problem because they do not support the pixel layout of the monitor. You can get a 3rd party program that fixes this issue for non-windows ui and text elements within it. You can completely fix this issue for W-OLED with ClearType.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
When you are viewing content and playing games there are no issues.

In every game with text, the color fringing of QD-OLED and OLED, IS a major issue.

Monitor makers are trying to damage control this issue, but when people are paying so much money for an OLED monitor and they realize OLED tech has color fringing issues that even $100 VA or IPS panels don't have, that leaves a very sour taste in people's mouth.

CBi1Pjb.jpg

The color fringing is also an issue with high contrast UI elements.

RyFi1Sc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kridian
In every game with text, the color fringing of QD-OLED and OLED, IS a major issue.

Monitor makers are trying to damage control this issue, but when people are paying so much money for an OLED monitor and they realize OLED tech has color fringing issues that even $100 VA or IPS panels don't have, that leaves a very sour taste in people's mouth.

CBi1Pjb.jpg

The color fringing is also an issue with high contrast UI elements.

RyFi1Sc.jpg
I am literally staring at this on my W-OLED tv 44 inches from my eyes and cannot distinguish any fringing. My brother's QD-OLED has some fringing at appropriate viewing distances but, like I said, there are 3rd party text clarity programs that can fix the issue in some circumstances.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=52eiLP3Zy-s

Lug

Prominent
May 19, 2021
"The only caveat is that you must turn off Adaptive-Sync to go above 144 Hz "

Not with firmware update from December 2022.. :

Changelog:
  1. Adaptive Sync (VRR) and Local Dimming can now be enabled together.
  2. Fixed some instances where the KVM would not automatically switch to a new signal input.
  3. More overall flexible color adjustments in all picture modes.
  4. Enabling Adaptive Sync will no longer limit the refresh rate to 144Hz, and instead works up to 160Hz (both HDMI 2.1 and DP).