[SOLVED] Cooler Master TX3 Evo or AMD Wraith Prism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-am-L

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2014
I will be getting a 3700X soon and I already have my TX3 Evo with 2 fans in push-pull config..
I wanted to know if this is better than Wraith Prism that comes with the CPU.

Solution
I do believe the Wraith is better, but it comes with the cpu, so you'll have both. Try each and see for yourself.
Push/pull isn't so great for cpus in general, the air going through a towers fins will meet with space resistance so some gets pushed out the sides. This 'bleed' air is very useful for putting a breeze across the heatsinking on the voltage regulatory circuitry surrounding the socket area. Having a push/pull config might get 2-3°C better cpu results, but at a cost when the intake from the pull fan eliminates the bleed air.
Downdraft coolers like the Wraith do this naturally, air is moved constantly and is great for cooling motherboard heatsinking, like the VRM's, which get hot during high voltage use like OC.

i-am-L

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2014
Is that the only aftermarket cooler you can source? I'd choose the Hyper 212X/Evo/Plus over the TX3. Also can look at the Cryorig H7/Plus.

I already have it so I am not thinking of buying a new one.
Please tell me about the performance of TX3 Evo, is it better than Wraith Prism?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I do believe the Wraith is better, but it comes with the cpu, so you'll have both. Try each and see for yourself.
Push/pull isn't so great for cpus in general, the air going through a towers fins will meet with space resistance so some gets pushed out the sides. This 'bleed' air is very useful for putting a breeze across the heatsinking on the voltage regulatory circuitry surrounding the socket area. Having a push/pull config might get 2-3°C better cpu results, but at a cost when the intake from the pull fan eliminates the bleed air.
Downdraft coolers like the Wraith do this naturally, air is moved constantly and is great for cooling motherboard heatsinking, like the VRM's, which get hot during high voltage use like OC.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.