Cooler Master's MasterLiquid Pro Coolers Sport Dual-Chamber CPU Blocks May Not Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this design simply stems from Coolermaster not wanting to give Asetek money due to the dumb patent they have. I for one am happy, because I have no interest in giving Asetek any of my money and the only AIOs which currently don't cost quite a bit.

This is just CM trying to make "their own" cooler.
All I see is more chances of leaking (though still slim).
While they claim it supports longer life etc (which it seems like it wouldnt anyway) the just added two more holes to the waterblock.
CLCs are just a waste.

The "LONGER LIFE" claim is probably because of the patent. They have to state a plausible reason for the design change, and the change has to be reasonable enough to be considered a different design to get around the asestek patent. If you just put a plate there, it wouldn't fly in a lawsuit.

cheesemanx

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
At this point with AIO coolers any improvement in pump/pump design is an great to hear. I have had terrible luck with AIO coolers all suffering pump failures. I know I have bad luck and the fact I have had pump failures on Antec, Swiftech, Silverstone, and CooIIT AIOs is just proof. I will say all manufacturers have stood behind there warranties and replaced the faulty units. I am game and will try one.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
At this point with AIO coolers any improvement in pump/pump design is an great to hear. I have had terrible luck with AIO coolers all suffering pump failures. I know I have bad luck and the fact I have had pump failures on Antec, Swiftech, Silverstone, and CooIIT AIOs is just proof. I will say all manufacturers have stood behind there warranties and replaced the faulty units. I am game and will try one.

this is why i only use air, having a backup fan isn't hard, and fairly cheap... backup aio cooler... not so much.

So I may have been lucky all these years. I have installed a couple of dozens and I never had an AIO fail on me. I have used AIO from four companies (Antec, Corsair, NZXT & TT). The oldest one, Antec Khuler, still going strong since 2011. Maybe CM came up with a way to improve their own AIO, but I don't think it will be better than other manufacturers.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
I feel like this design simply stems from Coolermaster not wanting to give Asetek money due to the dumb patent they have. I for one am happy, because I have no interest in giving Asetek any of my money and the only AIOs which currently don't cost quite a bit.

I am totally convinced that's the reason too. Just like Deepcool's separation between pump and block.

Gargamel Shmidth

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015
I have CM Nepton 280L (2 Years now) and it's Awesome AiO.
Even now it is the Best in it's price range.
My Hexa Core system barely hit 42 deg. in hot summer time :D

So I may have been lucky all these years. I have installed a couple of dozens and I never had an AIO fail on me. I have used AIO from four companies (Antec, Corsair, NZXT & TT). The oldest one, Antec Khuler, still going strong since 2011. Maybe CM came up with a way to improve their own AIO, but I don't think it will be better than other manufacturers.

The Antec Kuhler was an Antec design manufactured by Asetec ... just about every CLC out there is made by Asetec (or some newer ones by CoolIt) ... so it's not a matter of it being better than "other manufacturers" but the same manufacturer.

They all have the same componentry which includes weak pumps and aluminum radiators.

1. Is the new CM unit still aluminum ? ... all I can say is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3KywWPY5zQ

2. Can it deliver 1 gpm ? ....

I got no use for this unit

3. Does it still need 2k or more rpm to offset the above weaknesses ?

4. Does it still create a galvanic corrosion cell my mixing a copper block with an aluminum radiator /

While the pump redesign may offer some advantage, as far as we can tell at this point it may just as easily be a marketing ploy or a patent dodge.... time will tell. With the arrival of AIOs that are expandable, have copper radiators, < 2,000 rpm fans, 1 gpm + pumps ... there simply is no "raison d'être" for a CLc to exist.

bugster9

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
Looks like a good AIO regardless of what implication the design changes have on pump life. The folks buying such a unit probably aren't going to be needing it in five years anyway.

It's nice to see how many gifted writers we have that can weigh in on the grammatical accuracy of the headline. Their comment prose really supports their expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.