Cooler Master's Modular MasterCase 5 And MaterCase 5 Pro Cases Out Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014
Too bad the most important thing that should have been modular isn't, the front ports. Considering how quickly the standards are changing these days, easier access to the different types of ports becomes important. Relevant USB standards include 2.0, 3.0/3.1, and Type-C alone. Only you can know what ports you want/need on your front panel, yet that part of the case is not modular.

wardwing

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
I agree with you Anime. If your going to make a modular case, then make a fully modular case.

with that said, this is a trend I would like to see expansion in, we spend so much time and money customizing the internals that the case should be part of that as well.

CMRajiv

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Hey guys - the front panel is actually modular and we will add those accessories in the future :) What you'll notice when working inside the case is that we've made the cables very seamless and together rather than the typical 'spider web' of cables with most cases.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hey guys - the front panel is actually modular and we will add those accessories in the future :) What you'll notice when working inside the case is that we've made the cables very seamless and together rather than the typical 'spider web' of cables with most cases.

So if we could upgrade those ports from USB 3.0 to USB 3.1 I have a reason to upgrade from my 932 haf. one of the only features I felt this case was lacking in. However, is there any FULL TOWER MasterCase in the works?

AnimeMania

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2014

My biggest hope would be that the front panel would be modular in the sense that you could add whatever combination of front panel connectors you want, not that there is another front panel you can put in that might have the connectors you are looking for.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Not really modular!

What if I don't want to use 5.25 bays and want to install 3x 140mm fans in the front?
What if I want to loan up the entire case with 3.5 HDDs to make it a server?
Why is it using the cheapo dust filters on the front intakes? That thin piece of dust filter sandwiched between the metal grill and the plastic frame is one of the worse to clean, I know this because I deal with it monthly on my Scout 2 Advanced.

Not really modular!

"That thin piece of dust filter sandwiched between the metal grill and the plastic frame is one of the worse to clean, I know this because I deal with it monthly on my Scout 2 Advanced.

There's a dust filter in the front of the case? I have the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (white) also, but didn't know there is a dust filter there?

acquire16

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Not really modular!

What if I don't want to use 5.25 bays and want to install 3x 140mm fans in the front?
Why is it using the cheapo dust filters on the front intakes? That thin piece of dust filter sandwiched between the metal grill and the plastic frame is one of the worse to clean, I know this because I deal with it monthly on my Scout 2 Advanced.

You can remove the 5.25" bays and you can get as many HDD cages as you want to fill in the whole front side of it down into the PSU area.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Not really modular!

"That thin piece of dust filter sandwiched between the metal grill and the plastic frame is one of the worse to clean, I know this because I deal with it monthly on my Scout 2 Advanced.

There's a dust filter in the front of the case? I have the CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (white) also, but didn't know there is a dust filter there?

Yes there is a thin dust filter between the metal frame and the plastic. Normally to clean it you have to take off the entire front panel. But to wash it to get it properly clean mean separating the metal from the plastic.

I never really noticed. I just clean-off any lint or dust that sometimes collects on the outer surface on that front panel.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Might be time to free up some of that dust, poor buggers been trapped in there for a while. :p

Yeppers, I'll def. look into it; I'm running BOINC all day and night pretty-much set between 60-98% CPU usage with a Hyper 212 EVO and it only gets to 55c at full load, using I7-4770.

f-14

Distinguished
HAF Stacker 915 I/O module
http://www.coolermaster.com/case/case-accessories/915iomodule/

you should try checking their website first, i upgraded non modular storm scout cases last year I/O/ modules to USB 3.0

Too bad the most important thing that should have been modular isn't, the front ports. Considering how quickly the standards are changing these days, easier access to the different types of ports becomes important. Relevant USB standards include 2.0, 3.0/3.1, and Type-C alone. Only you can know what ports you want/need on your front panel, yet that part of the case is not modular.

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
i don't get why so many of these nicer cases come with no side ports\vents. doesn't matter how much flow is coming from the front straight to the back & top, my GPUs need that bit of extra cooling coming in across them. now this one has even blocked their flow from fans on the bottom.
give me an option for a better side panel and a less conspicuous CM symbol on the front and I'm in.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

If your going to take the filter out to wash it, beware! Metal fatigue will kick in when bending the metal tabs for the front grill. Don't bend them too much back and forth

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Not really modular!

You can remove the 5.25" bays and you can get as many HDD cages as you want to fill in the whole front side of it down into the PSU area.

All my questions have been answered, most specifically about triple 140mm fans in the front. Its good to know that it is supported after watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SqFiD8o8w

N3rd_hop

Reputable
Aug 7, 2015
My question is how thick of a radiator can it hold up top? I am getting the EK Predator 240MM rad. and it is pretty thick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS