[SOLVED] Cooler recommendations for Meshify 2

darth_haggis

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Hi all,

Merry Christmas!

Am looking to migrate my current system into a Fractal Meshify 2 (light tint) once they're in stock in the UK - and am specifically looking for recommendations for an AIO + fan layout.

Current system:
AMD Ryzen 5900x - currently cooled by a 6 month old Wraith Prism (and is undervolted for day to day use to keep temps/noise down during WFH).
16gb Crucial Ballistix 3600 White
X570 Tomahawk
3080 Founders Edition <-- tempted to get the official Fractal vertical riser for this to show off this beaut of a card.
Got a couple of M.2s, and an SSD + HDD
Corsair RM850

Main preferences/considerations:

• Something that will be able to run quietly during the day/non-gaming, but also push the 5900x to its limit when gaming/potentially run an OC.
  • RGB on the internal facing fans - am thinking of running the AIO as pull intake on front of case, so RGB would only really be wanted for top/rear fans. Not looking to run any sort of RGB puke theme, something a little more subtle to complement the greys - blacks of the case & GPU.
  • Already own x1 decent Corsair ML 140mm fan (non-RGB) which I'd be keen to recycle, but happy to buy other/additional fans to replace.
Happy for any/all ideas to be honest - not 100% set on a front mounted radiator but am currently leaning that way.

Cheers all!

Last edited:
Solution
3080 Founders Edition <-- tempted to get the official Fractal vertical riser for this to show off this beaut of a card.
i don't think you have enough clearance between glass and card to let it breath in that location

I have a Meshify S2, so not the 2nd version but close enough
i went front mount AIO as well, mainly as my location (Australia) it helps to use it as intake there.

case comes with 2 fans already, you probably only want the fans on aio as intake and maybe that ML 140 in roof as extra exhaust at top rear above CPU. The pre installed rear fan isn't bad unless you want rgb. I went with 2 exhaust in roof and I don't think it needs the front one really, will see what i think in a few months once Summer is over...

Colif

Win 11 Master
i don't think you have enough clearance between glass and card to let it breath in that location

I have a Meshify S2, so not the 2nd version but close enough
i went front mount AIO as well, mainly as my location (Australia) it helps to use it as intake there.

case comes with 2 fans already, you probably only want the fans on aio as intake and maybe that ML 140 in roof as extra exhaust at top rear above CPU. The pre installed rear fan isn't bad unless you want rgb. I went with 2 exhaust in roof and I don't think it needs the front one really, will see what i think in a few months once Summer is over.
PZ4fUNQ.jpg

Have to remember the version 2 has a extra dust filter in roof and you don't really want to filter the exhaust air as it leaves PC. Maybe remove the filter from roof. Leave mesh panel

I don't have any suggestions regarding what AIO to get. Maybe a 360 is needed.

Last edited:
Solution