Cooler to replace stock one for fx8300

stilolapsi99

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018
Hi everyone here is my pc ASUS M M51BC-IT007S ,im running on 3,3ghz and want to overclock it up to 4/4.2 ghz enough to get good fsp in csgo.

What cooler would you suggest me, that would fit in my case

Thanks

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I don't remember exactly how many cores boost, but the FX8300 will boost to 4.2GHz as required (it'll be 2-4 cores, I'm pretty sure).....

I don't believe CSGO is going to benefit from >4 cores at a higher clock.... at least not by much.

Regardless, there's no real teardowns of that system that I can find...... cooler height will be a major consideration. I'd suggest measuring the height clearance available (board PCB to side panel) to determine what room you have for a cooler.

"Budget" options like a 212 EVO, or Cryorig H7 would be decent options for the money - but I wouldn't look to invest much more than the required $25-$35 into an FX based platform.

stilolapsi99

Prominent
Jun 8, 2018

Thanks for your answer
I have turbo on 3.6 if i change it to 4.2 , would my system handle it( i mean my stock cooler)

It should be fine on the stock cooler since it should also be able to keep a fx 8350 cool which runs at 4.2ghz max.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

The stock cooler is sufficient for "stock" operations, which include the turbo to 4.2GHz on *some* cores (I don't think it's all cores).

The stock cooler will be loud and a little warmer than ideal, but perfectly safe.

Test it out first. If it's a little warm for comfort (or louder than you can live with), measure your room available and a cheap(ish) aftermarket cooler is an option.