Question Cooler Too Large?

Jun 27, 2019
I am currently running a hyper 212 black edition as my cpu cooler. I want something larger so I can overclock my 3600, I have a Corsair spec delta that says it can fit 160mm cooler and my current cooler is 159mm. The cooler I'm considering though is the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 which is 163mm and I notice there a slight bit of room between the glass and top of the cooler. Wondering if the extra 4mm will stop this cooler.

I wouldn't bother. A Ryzen 3600 won't overclock much as it boosts to nearly its full potential out of the box, and you are not likely to see a perceptible difference in performance from overclocking.

It's also a relatively efficient processor, being built on 7nm, so you almost certainly don't need a high-end cooler for it, as it doesn't put out all that much heat. Your Hyper 212 Black should be plenty to cool it quietly. i would save that $90 for another component or future upgrade that might actually have some notable impact on performance.

Jun 27, 2019
I wouldn't bother. A Ryzen 3600 won't overclock much as it boosts to nearly its full potential out of the box, and you are not likely to see a perceptible difference in performance from overclocking.

It's also a relatively efficient processor, being built on 7nm, so you almost certainly don't need a high-end cooler for it, as it doesn't put out all that much heat. Your Hyper 212 Black should be plenty to cool it quietly. i would save that $90 for another component or future upgrade that might actually have some notable impact on performance.
Thank you so much for your help, without you I probably would've blown $90 on that thing. I'll keep that hyper 212 until I get a new cpu that's more powerful.