Question CoolerMaster 212 Evo Missing Fan Bracket

Sep 8, 2019
Hello, first post here, so I apologize for any faux pas. I currently have a 212 Evo CPU cooler installed, and although it's doing a fine job keeping me under 65C under heavy load, I would like to further improve it by installing a second fan to pull exhaust.

The problem with this is that my kit either didn't come with all four fan brackets, or I've lost one along the way.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a work around? I've been considering a zip tie but I haven't figured out where I would anchor it, as well as I don't know if the heat sink gets hot enough to effect the plastic.

USAFRet

Titan
Push/pull fans on a 212 EVO is rarely as beneficial as it sounds like it should be.
There was a test of that a few years ago, and it only showed a couple of degrees difference.

And going from your current 65C to say 60C doesn't confer any performance benefit.

Ralston18

Titan
No zip tie.....

You need the "X" bracket - correct?

E.g.:

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Proc...ocphy=9007743&hvtargid=pla-570115741402&psc=1

Contact the manufacturer - they may be able to sell you the exact bracket you need. May take some time and cost you both product costs and shipping.

Any friends or family members that do their own pc work? Maybe someone will have an extra bracket laying around that will either work directly or could be modified to serve as necessary.

Are there any computer shops or stores in your area? No harm in going there and asking - the store may be willing to sell you a bracket. (Amazon's is $20.00 per the link).

Unless you can fabricate a really good bracket (unlikely) it is probably best to just spend the money and order a replacement. Any thing else may not work, only work for a while, and then fail catastrophically.

Would void any warranties as well.

Sep 8, 2019
Push/pull fans on a 212 EVO is rarely as beneficial as it sounds like it should be.
There was a test of that a few years ago, and it only showed a couple of degrees difference.

And going from your current 65C to say 60C doesn't confer any performance benefit.
Thanks for the advice USAFRet, I'll just look into replacing the cooler when funds allows. I've been meaning to look into AOI's anyway.

Ralston18, it's actually one of the two brackets that hold the fan to the heat sink. Not the bracket that anchors the whole cooler to the motherboard. I'm not aware of any of my few tech friends that use this model. And the two hardware shops I visited haven't had a spare available. I'll likely take USAFRet's advice and just leave it until I can upgrade.