[SOLVED] Coolermaster G650M Burned Question

ChrisTsall99

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
Hello,
A few days ago my PSU died . A fuse was dropped from my switchboard and when that happened everything shut down . So when I raised the fuse again electricity came back but my pc wouldn't start . I took it to the store and they told me that PSU is dead . Nevermind Coolermaster replace it for me . The question is , my PSU burned when the fuse drop or when I raise it back ? Also my electricity has do that again after I bought the new PSU , will it get damage ?

Solution
It is also possible, that you had a power surge or a brown out that caused your PSU to fail - not too often a PSU simply implodes under normal use, especially a G650M that at least does have protections and should shut down (and not a typical low quality power supply, a good example of a very bad unit would be this one).​
I would double check the other devices connected on that breaker, it could be you are on the same circuit as a noisy appliance or maybe a power tool or a heater that was in use. Chances are once you replace the unit all will be well again as long as all your other components are in good order.​

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
When your PSU blew up, it most likely triggered the main breaker, hence the power loss in your home. As far as that happening again, that completely depends on which PSU you bought. If it's the same crap quality unit you had in there before then chances of that happening again are very high.

It is also possible, that you had a power surge or a brown out that caused your PSU to fail - not too often a PSU simply implodes under normal use, especially a G650M that at least does have protections and should shut down (and not a typical low quality power supply, a good example of a very bad unit would be this one).​
I would double check the other devices connected on that breaker, it could be you are on the same circuit as a noisy appliance or maybe a power tool or a heater that was in use. Chances are once you replace the unit all will be well again as long as all your other components are in good order.​

Last edited:
Solution

ChrisTsall99

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2015
Thanks for your help . I have to say that my socket doesn't have any ground and that might be a problem .