[SOLVED] CoolerMaster HALO fans are not detected in MasterPlus ?

himwhynot

Commendable
Nov 19, 2018
Installed CoolerMaster MF Halo fans into my newly built PC. They are not detected in MasterPlus despite being hooked up to my motherboard. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there's something wrong with my motherboard.
Any help would be awesome.

System:
Windows 10 Pro
Ryzen 3700x
1050ti (GPU shortage :( )
Gigabyte Aorus x570 Pro Wifi

Thank you!

Solution
If I understand their system correctly, the MasterPlus+ software tool is designed to work with the Cooler Master Addressable Gen 2 RGB LED Controller they sell - often in a package with three of these fans. It is not intended to work directly with mobo lighting headers, so you must use that Controller and connect your fans' lighting cables to it. Further, that controller needs two additional connections. One is its power supply line from the PSU, and the other is a small cable from the Controller to a mobo USB2 header. It is this last USB connection that the MasterPlus+ software uses to communcate with the Controller. All those connections must be in place to work.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If I understand their system correctly, the MasterPlus+ software tool is designed to work with the Cooler Master Addressable Gen 2 RGB LED Controller they sell - often in a package with three of these fans. It is not intended to work directly with mobo lighting headers, so you must use that Controller and connect your fans' lighting cables to it. Further, that controller needs two additional connections. One is its power supply line from the PSU, and the other is a small cable from the Controller to a mobo USB2 header. It is this last USB connection that the MasterPlus+ software uses to communcate with the Controller. All those connections must be in place to work.

Solution