Question CoolerMaster Hyper 212 BE & 1700 compatibility

Cresfy

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2013
I kinda got lost on the whole 1700 compatibility topic.
I'm about to buy a new computer with Intel 12th gen and an Asus board. I intend to also purchase a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 BE to go along with it.

I understand that 12th gen sockets require certain "adapters" or mounting kits. I also understand Asus Z690 boards should supposedly also support "1200 coolers".
My question is, does this mean I actually don't need the mounting kit if I intend to go with an Asus board? I understand the new CPUs also have a lower Z-height, does that mean I would still need the kit or otherwise I could install the fan but it won't be as effective in its cooling?

Also, are there "1700-dedicated" fans? Will they do better than ones needing a mounting kit or so?

logainofhades

Titan
If you go with an Asus board, just verify it has the mounting holes for both. You will be able to tell by looking at pictures of said board. The socket size isn't an issue, for these coolers. It is just Intel decided to change their mounting of said coolers. The coolers are going to work the same, regardless of bracket used.

Nine Layer Nige

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2014
I was going to buy MSI Pro Z690-A and an i5-12600k, that was until I could not find any CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO V2 or black edition with the LGA1700 adapter brackets in stock in the UK either from Novatech or Scan. Online support confirmed that they did not have any. So, I am holding off my upgrade for now whilst the market stocks get updated.
I dont really understand if the Z height is significant to compatibility or its just the LGA 1700 hole placements.

ASK THE COMMUNITY