[SOLVED] CoolerMaster MasterAir MA610P with Ryzen 5 3600 too hot

Jan 22, 2020
Just bought this cooler for my CPU and these are the temps during gaming and under full load running idle between 40-50C (dropping really fast and going up between those numbers). I tried to put the cpu fan to turbo on bios but didn't change anything. Isn't this a bit too hot for this cooler I made sure it gets enough air from my case fans.

Case: MSI Mag Vampiric 010m (3x120mm fans at front)
Mobo: Asus Tuf B450M Pro Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 stock
GPU: Asus Turbo 1080ti
Ram: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz
Ambient Temp: 25-27C

This guy seems to be getting 61C full load with same cooler. (load test at 3:44)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw33PbsF2tQ

Cinebench R20

photo_2020-08-17_20-27-00.jpg.11df4e26cb34b75f7d0f21b1ba42b080.jpg

Solution
1)Why did you get a chassis with restricted airflow if thermals are really a concern?
ANY cooler is only going to be as efficient as the chassis allows.

2) Ambient Temp: 25-27C
^This doesn't mean much by itself. The ambient temp inside the chassis is always higher. You need to measure the air temp entering the cpu cooler.
Sit a thermometer or thermal sensor in front of the cpu cooler.

3)Remove those 2 top fans. They're just getting in the way.
Heck, if the rear chassis fan(specs) is weaker than the fans on the cpu cooler, remove it too - for the same reason as the other 2 fans.

4)You should be using hwinfo or Ryzen Master anyway.
Hwmonitor, (n).

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Why did you get a chassis with restricted airflow if thermals are really a concern?
ANY cooler is only going to be as efficient as the chassis allows.

2) Ambient Temp: 25-27C
^This doesn't mean much by itself. The ambient temp inside the chassis is always higher. You need to measure the air temp entering the cpu cooler.
Sit a thermometer or thermal sensor in front of the cpu cooler.

3)Remove those 2 top fans. They're just getting in the way.
Heck, if the rear chassis fan(specs) is weaker than the fans on the cpu cooler, remove it too - for the same reason as the other 2 fans.

4)You should be using hwinfo or Ryzen Master anyway.
Hwmonitor, (n).

Last edited:
Reactions: RodroX
Solution