[SOLVED] coolermaster masterwatt

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
coolermaster masterwatt junk or decent? in this case the masterwatt 450 w.
I like that they got 0db fans but how is the quality? seems like a lot of coolermaster
psus get bad Reviews.

Solution
Here is a decent review in German:

As to brands not making power supplies, that is most of them. Corsair, EVGA, be quiet!, etc all outsource the design and manufacture. All comes down to the platform they license and the quality level they allow (They can do component selection as well) Seasonic, Channel Well Technologies, Sirtec, etc are the actual OEMs.

I would be fine using such a power supply in a lighter system kept under 300W or so.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is okay. The issue is that there are often better power supplies for the same price. They added some impressive features for a low end product, but the cheaper of the high end products are better.

So if you can get a small gold-rated power supply, better than betting a high end bronze rated supply.

Most decent power supplies these days have a passive mode, so that is not too impressive. They did go with a decently high quality fan though.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
just don't. what is your budget and your specs? the forums will gladly suggest some reliable units in the range. the reviews stem from the fact that they do not make the units, they have them made by various makers and at the high end they are decent, but the smart and others are outclassed by better hardware at the same price.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
My budget varies since i upgrade many computers but its usually in the budget range.
i know there are better options but the prices unfortunately is not as good in sweden as in us. if they was the same price here i would buy gold rated psus. I started buying be quiet psus while back and they are decent quality but this one looks interesting but still not sure about the quality of it.
From what i can see this one seems ok but uses chinese capacitors, other than that i havent found much Reviews on it.
thanks for your input guys

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Here is a decent review in German:

As to brands not making power supplies, that is most of them. Corsair, EVGA, be quiet!, etc all outsource the design and manufacture. All comes down to the platform they license and the quality level they allow (They can do component selection as well) Seasonic, Channel Well Technologies, Sirtec, etc are the actual OEMs.

I would be fine using such a power supply in a lighter system kept under 300W or so.

Solution

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the seasonic s12II (only variants that end in 20W, 520W and 620W), the m12II(only variants that end in 20W. if the wattage ends in 00 or 50 avoid them), the CX-series from corsair (only with the grey label, avoid green labeled units) are my go to budget PSU suggestions. all have 5 year warranties and are proven designs.

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
thanks r1. they got the cx here but i Think its the green label. the supply isnt that good here, my safest bet at this moment seem to be the be quiet system Power 9 400 w an 500 w. a seasonic would cost me 120 s here and then it wouldnt be a budget build anymore.

TRENDING THREADS