Question CoolerMaster ML360R RGB doesn't seem to be pumping coolant.

Nov 9, 2019
Hi, I've just put together my pc, I'm a first time builder, and after a few hiccups I've gotten everything installed properly, or so I thought. My liquid cooler doesn't seem to be pumping any of the coolant because when I load up my pc into BIOS the cpu temp will rise non-stop until it shuts off due to overheating. My motherboard is an ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4, and my case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro. As far as I can tell, all cables are plugged in correctly, and I've tried all of the cpu fan and chassis/water pump fan slots on my motherboard with none of them working properly. The fans for the cooler work just fine, no matter what port they're plugged into. I'm not sure what the next step of troubleshooting is, as I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've just put together my pc, I'm a first time builder, and after a few hiccups I've gotten everything installed properly, or so I thought. My liquid cooler doesn't seem to be pumping any of the coolant because when I load up my pc into BIOS the cpu temp will rise non-stop until it shuts off due to overheating. My motherboard is an ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4, and my case is a Phanteks Enthoo Pro. As far as I can tell, all cables are plugged in correctly, and I've tried all of the cpu fan and chassis/water pump fan slots on my motherboard with none of them working properly. The fans for the cooler work just fine, no matter what port they're plugged into. I'm not sure what the next step of troubleshooting is, as I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance.
Does your mother board not report CPU fan/pump speed? Use a monitoring program to see if it's turning or not.

Make sure the CPU fan port is set to DC and set a curve that's 12.00 volts at all possible points. You can also use a Molex drive connect - to - fan header adapter (I think one came with the my ML-240). Both of these solutions will tie it to a constant 12V source but the pump should be running full speed all the time anyway. But with the Molex solution you'll not be able to monitor pump speed.

Nov 9, 2019
My motherboard does report cpu/chassis fan speed, but it's not even picking up that my fan is plugged in. In the BIOS it picks up the cooler air fans and my case fans, but not the pump itself. I went into BIOS settings and couldn't find an option to specify the voltage of the fan slot on the motherboard. I'm also not sure what the fan header adapter to molex drive cable is.