[SOLVED] Coolermaster MWE 550w 80+ Bronze vs Corsair CV450 ?

Oct 14, 2020
So i have a brand new pc and i accidentally bought 2 psu's (CM MWE 550W 80+ Bronze & Corsair CV450 80+ Bronze). I don't know which one to keep. I have:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1650 S

we don't have cx series and evga available in our country.

no plans on overclocking

Last edited:
Solution
So i have a brand new pc and i accidentally bought 2 psu's (CM MWE 550W 80+ Bronze & Corsair CV450 80+ Bronze). I don't know which one to keep. I have:

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1650 S

no plans on overclocking

Do you have the MWE 550W V1:

Or the V2:

They differentiate through their model numbers:
  • V1 - MPX-5501-ACAAB
  • V2 - MPE-5501-ACAAB
Big difference is that the V2 uses the newer (and much better) DC/DC LLC resonant design. The <=550W V1...

Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1650 S

no plans on overclocking

Or the V2:

• V1 - MPX-5501-ACAAB
  • V2 - MPE-5501-ACAAB
Big difference is that the V2 uses the newer (and much better) DC/DC LLC resonant design. The <=550W V1 are group regulated.

The Corsair CV450 is a bronze certified Corsair VS => similar old group regulated designs for both.
So if it's the MWE V1 I'd still take that over the CV... both low quality and very similar, higher power output one I guess. If it's the V2, clearly keep that... is a whole lot better.

Last edited:
Solution
Oct 14, 2020

Or the V2:

• V1 - MPX-5501-ACAAB
  • V2 - MPE-5501-ACAAB
Big difference is that the V2 uses the newer (and much better) DC/DC LLC resonant design. The <=550W V1 are group regulated.

The Corsair CV450 is a bronze certified Corsair VS => similar old group regulated designs for both.
So if it's the MWE V1 I'd still take that over the CV... both low quality and very similar, higher power output one I guess. If it's the V2, clearly keep that... is a whole lot better.

I think i have the v2 of this cm because it says it's a dc-dc design.

i still don't know if it is v2 though... it's in a purple box

You need to look at the model numbers... I said in my comment above:
  • V1 - MPX-5501-ACAAB
  • V2 - MPE-5501-ACAAB
You'll either find the model number printed on the PSU label itself(you need to open the box) or on the online listing from the shop you've bought it (they should list the model number on their specifications section).

EDIT: The model number should be printed on one side of the box as well.

Last edited: