coolers for ecc ram?

k0rn_h0li0

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
are there any memory coolers out that that could work for ecc registered ram because i was looking at sme vnatcs and they all fit ddr/sdram so i'm guessing it does so i'm asking you guys if it'll work. thank you

k0rn_h0li0

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
sme vantecs sorry about the spelling they cool down your ram but ionno if it will work with my ecc registered ram so i'm asking if anyone knows if it will fit. it says that it will fit ddr ram hopefully it will fit double sided ram

k0rn_h0li0

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
mkay thanks for the help. if you guys can give me some other suggestions on why they have these heatsinks for the ram i don't get what they do besides move the heat. is there a better performance?

Mondoman

Splendid
#1) They look cool (seriously!).
#2) They have a bit of a heat-sink function. However, most memory chips these days are packaged in plastic, which doesn't conduct heat very efficiently. Thus, most of the heat from the memory chips is conducted through the metal traces into the mothboard and away that way.

k0rn_h0li0

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
haha

1) your right
2) your right

i wonder if i'm able to oc my ecc ram although i don't even know if its a good idea to just leave it like that. since i'm getting another one i can just order one package. thanks