[SOLVED] Coolers issues

syynnh

Commendable
Jan 13, 2018
I'm planning to buy a new sentey case cause I upgraded my gpu and it doesn't fit in the old one, here's the matter, that case comes with 4 fans, 1 in the back and 3 in the front, my motherboard is an Asus h81mk and it only has one connector for a fan and the GPU fan, how can I manage to connect all those fans in my motherboard
I also have a toxic r9 270x, i5 4590, 8 gbs of ram and a Thermaltake tr2 600w psu

Solution
The fan header on the motherboard has a current rating. Many times it's 1 amp but if you look in the documentation you may find it.

Fans....many of them.....are around .2-.3 amps....so you can split the wires coming from the header and run multiple fans as long as the total current of the fans doesn't go over the limit of the header.

If the limit is 1 amp....many times you can run 3-4 fans from one header.

Also.....if you still have extra case fans you need to power.....you can connect them directly to the PSU and they will be on all the time the PSU is on.
The fan header on the motherboard has a current rating. Many times it's 1 amp but if you look in the documentation you may find it.

Fans....many of them.....are around .2-.3 amps....so you can split the wires coming from the header and run multiple fans as long as the total current of the fans doesn't go over the limit of the header.

If the limit is 1 amp....many times you can run 3-4 fans from one header.

Also.....if you still have extra case fans you need to power.....you can connect them directly to the PSU and they will be on all the time the PSU is on.

Solution