Renato Cvikic

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
Can Someone give me an answer which 3080 ti ,has best cooling,(and it isnt Liquid Cooled)?

I need some model with good cooling,because I wanna mine with it...

I bought 3080 ti fe,owner claims that he replaced pads, but gpu still hitting 104c memory,and 77c gpu hotspot..

Lutfij

Titan
Where are you located, what is your preferred site for purchase and how much have you set aside for your GPU purchase? In this day and age, asking for the best can get you worth while answers but if you don't have access to them, then our suggestions will end up being moot, hence the questions in the first line.

Your issue with temps might be due to your ambient room temps or even lack of optimal airflow in your chassis. Even the wrong drivers on your platform(not to mention a corrupt OS) might cause high temps on your GPU.

You might want to do some research on the mining end regarding GPU's. You'll need to manually set the fan curve to always run at high since the load induced while mining is not the same as a game taxing the GPU, meaning the fans don't kick in and in turn cook the componentry.

To have any significant impact on reducing memory temps on these GDDR6X gpu’s really requires a 3rd party cooler with good backplate. As far as I can tell the coolers are just not designed to deal with the heat produced by mining, perfectly fine for gaming. Under gaming my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC will hit 71c on the gpu hot spot and 80c on memory. I tried mining and put effort into trying to configure for lower memory temps but it would still hit 105c, I just gave up with mining, wasn’t worth the risk or effort.

Apr 20, 2022
I purchased a Gigabyte RTX 3070ti Aorus Master. The card is huge! bigger than my RTX3080. There is a 3080ti version, I assume the heatsink will be at least as large if not larger. Size isn't everything but it certainly counts BUT you will need a large case to fit a GPU with a bigger cooling system and more slots at the back.

Apr 20, 2022
To have any significant impact on reducing memory temps on these GDDR6X gpu’s really requires a 3rd party cooler with good backplate. As far as I can tell the coolers are just not designed to deal with the heat produced by mining, perfectly fine for gaming. Under gaming my Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC will hit 71c on the gpu hot spot and 80c on memory. I tried mining and put effort into trying to configure for lower memory temps but it would still hit 105c, I just gave up with mining, wasn’t worth the risk or effort.
I wish I hadn't, the gains from mining did not outweigh the cost of a new RTX3080.

D

Deleted member 362816

Can Someone give me an answer which 3080 ti ,has best cooling,(and it isnt Liquid Cooled)?

I bought 3080 ti fe,owner claims that he replaced pads, but gpu still hitting 104c memory,and 77c gpu hotspot..

Unless you do the copper ram plate mod all these cards suffer from bad memory temps especially under mining load <75%.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/rzfmdk/update_3080ti_copper_mod_ver_20/