[SOLVED] Cooling a performance micro atx build?

bruvvamoff

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
Thermaltake v21
Rog strix A270
i9 9900kf
Corsair Dominator Platinum 2 x 8gb
Nvidia rtx2080ti
Thermaltake tough 750w

So, liquid cooling definitely?
Do they take much space?

bruvvamoff

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
Or unplugged. Or swapped out if led fan instead of rgb/argb. There are ways around most case specifics, even some dimension restrictions.

Does anyone have a problem with the v21? Like I said it's the only case that meets my requirements so don't worry too much about it. Back to the oq, I'm looking at Rog strix and corsair hydro. What's better 2 or 3 fan? I want this thing to be frozen, I'll be pushing it pretty hard.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's no real need for manual control. Some ppl like the options some software can set for specific fan curves, but mostly it's plug-n-play.

The asus has the bonus of coming with Noctua fans, but a premium price.

There's some basic principles you are missing on cooling a cpu. Size is a matter of capacity, not performance. Performance comes from the fans, so the Rog has a slight benefit. A 240mm AIO is @ 250w, a 280mm is @ 300w and a 360mm is @ 350w. That cpu at max output can hit @ 250w, so a 240mm will see very high temps range as it's at the limit, the 360mm the lowest as the temp curve is still at @ 60%.

It's an I9-9900kf. You won't get frozen, it's too much wattage output. But the bigger coolers will be able to keep you within normal operating ranges and under throttle temps.

bruvvamoff

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2012
There's no real need for manual control. Some ppl like the options some software can set for specific fan curves, but mostly it's plug-n-play.

The asus has the bonus of coming with Noctua fans, but a premium price.

There's some basic principles you are missing on cooling a cpu. Size is a matter of capacity, not performance. Performance comes from the fans, so the Rog has a slight benefit. A 240mm AIO is @ 250w, a 280mm is @ 300w and a 360mm is @ 350w. That cpu at max output can hit @ 250w, so a 240mm will see very high temps range as it's at the limit, the 360mm the lowest as the temp curve is still at @ 60%.

It's an I9-9900kf. You won't get frozen, it's too much wattage output. But the bigger coolers will be able to keep you within normal operating ranges and under throttle temps.

I meant can the colours be controlled? But what you said makes sense. How often do people cool the gpu and cpu with the same system?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Alot. It depends on their equipment. Asus ROG has hookups on the gpu to tie in the RGB colors with the case fans and/or cpu fans and works through the Asus software.

But for cooling, it's 'set and forget', the motherboard runs everything one way or another. I had bios running case fans, Cam software running my Aio on silent mode and didnt touch opt again for 4 years or more. No need to.

TRENDING THREADS