Cooling for a Ryzen 1800x?

akumati

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Basically, i'm going to be using a Ryzen 1800x shortly. This CPU does not come with a stock cooler, and i've never purchased really purchased a Heatsink for a CPU before..

The motherboard it's going to be mounted on is this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157759

I also hear that the 1800x requires a higher quality fan than usual. Since I won't be OCing however, I'd settle with just a basic fan over liquid cooling. Black and red to match the Mobo would be a nice bonus as well! Any recommendations?

Solution
you need to look for a cooler that supports your socket type. There are many of them.. and right nwo I know you have to maybe `special` order AM4 (your socket) brackets if you buy SOME coolers, but anyways

it really depends on your budget

you say you dont want to overclock now.. but later you will, so you should be prepared! There are many high end coolers out there, and one of the ones to definetly have a look at is Noctua D15

gussrtk

Honorable
you need to look for a cooler that supports your socket type. There are many of them.. and right nwo I know you have to maybe `special` order AM4 (your socket) brackets if you buy SOME coolers, but anyways

it really depends on your budget

you say you dont want to overclock now.. but later you will, so you should be prepared! There are many high end coolers out there, and one of the ones to definetly have a look at is Noctua D15

Solution