Question Cooling for an i7 9700k ?!

idk14

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
Hi, i will need to upgrade to this processor, currently i have the i5 4460 with stock cooler, i will upgrade to i7 9700k but i will not intend to do hard overclocking.. so i dont want the best cooler around there, i would just look for the best priced cooler that is good for this cpu? what would you recommend?

Real quick i want to be 100% certain you are aware that that upgrade will need a new motherboard and ram? I never assume people are fully aware of how things work so i don't mean for that to sound rude or that i think you are stupid its just a precaution.

Anyway based on the TDP of that chip you have a huge amount of options so we need to narrow down a bit.

1. what type of case do you have and how much space and airflow is there?

2. Do you have a preference for Air or liquid cooling?

3. do you have a budget in mind?

idk14

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
Yes, i am aware of that lol :)), i have the Deepcool Tesseract BF black middletower, i would like air cooling as i dont want to pay too much for the cooler, at first i was thinking to get the Noctua NH-D15, but i dont think its worth paying 75 pounds for that as i dont intend to do much overclocking, so i was looking at something cheaper... not sure what should i get..

Last edited: