Question Cooling for i7-2600k

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
My temps are reaching 70-79 while playing dishonored 2 on it and i wonder by how much it will decrease when i will install the whole thing in a case with good airflow and 4 120mm fans. I have only back panel case fan and cpu cooler installed currently.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Which CPU cooler do you have now?

If this is an OEM, like HP or Dell, then it may not be easily transferable to a new case. Let us know the full model# .
I had stock cooler and replaced it with xilence cooler, cant remember the exact name, but temps in rocket league are good, so i guess it depends on the game? I dont have the exact model, but i can give u specs: i7-2600k gtx 1060 6gb msi 16gb ram ddr3 500w psu 1tb hd win10

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Which CPU cooler do you have now?

If this is an OEM, like HP or Dell, then it may not be easily transferable to a new case. Let us know the full model# .
The main thing i want to really askis is it safe to play on those temps, cause some people said its aight. If not i can buy gammax 400, which will drop temps really low.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
Safe? Yeah, under 80 is safe, under 70 is preferred. Do you watch your temps and clock speeds to make sure you don't spike higher and end up throttling down the cpu clock for a brief time?
Iam watching temps cpu clock, gpu mem. Clock and core clock and they are fine. But i want it to be always below 70 like in rocket league, which is not really a demanding game and iam interested will the case with good airflow and 4 120mm fans guarantee me that in aaa games.

TRENDING THREADS