Question Cooling for new build

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Hi all, about to roll up my sleeves and start putting stuff together, and had a couple questions.

First off, here's my new build: (the important stuff anyway)
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/XkNxw6

Will the stock cooler and pre-applied paste do the trick for now? I don't plan on doing any OC at the moment, if and when I do, I'll use better paste and a different cooler.

Also, the case comes with 2 120mm fans. (1 front intake, 1 rear exhaust)
If you're not familiar with the case, the flow from intake to exhaust is completely unhindered. (whether it remains so will depend on my cable management lol) Should I add a bottom intake and a top exhaust?

tia

Skpstr

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2013
Thanks guys. I'll probably put additional fans in anyway, but I forgot to order them with everything else, so I'll probably want to run the new rig without them until they arrive.

I have always found the stock cooler on every build to be lacking ability, be careful, I don't know the AMD's but he stock paste is usually not good enough.
It's decent Cooler Master paste, goes well with stock cooler. As all other pastes it can't be reused so I would order some other paste too if cooler has to be moved or taken off. Noctua Nt-h1 or 2 I find very good and easy to apply as it's pretty thick and sticky. and can be applied on vertical surface.

TRENDING THREADS