Cooling FX-6300 Air or Water?

swagsticious

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 28, 2014
HI there!
I'm thinking about buying a new cooler for my FX-6300 CPU because the stock cooler is loud and gets even louder once I play a more challenging game (ex. Titanfall). I'm not sure yet if i sohuld buy an Air cooler or shold i go with a water cooler. My budget is around 70 euros.
Thanks for any suggestions!

Solution
The 212 EVO is a wonderful CPU Cooler for anyone with a budget, it will keep your CPU a lot cooler and it should even be quieter than your stock AMD fan.

Also means you'd be able to give yourself a little overclock if you so desired.

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
Air cooling is more safe, and there are really quiet Air Coolers out there. But a water cooler when done right will give you better cooling in the longer run. That being said, for a budget person. A decent Air Cooler is the best way to go

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
The 212 EVO is a wonderful CPU Cooler for anyone with a budget, it will keep your CPU a lot cooler and it should even be quieter than your stock AMD fan.

Also means you'd be able to give yourself a little overclock if you so desired.

Solution

swagsticious

Distinguished
BANNED
Mar 28, 2014

One more question about this OC: Ihave an Asrock 970 extreme 3 R2.0 mobo and it has a 4+1 power phase. I already asked some people if i can OC on this and most of them said that it wouldn't be smart. What do you think?

tingety

Honorable
Dec 26, 2013
I actually own that very board myself, and I have pushed my FX 6100 to 4.2GHz on it. I'm very sure the 6300 would have the same sort of thing.

I wouldn't try huge overclocks, though Just a 400-500MHz as your limit would definitely be nice.

I definitely noticed the difference when I had the 4.2GHz on my 6100, also keeping that limit gives you better chance of having a stable OC.