Question Cooling i9-9900KS in NZXT H710 case

Nov 5, 2019
I have a NZXT H710 case. Hot processor i9-9900ks with cooling NZXT Kraken x62 and motherboard MSI MEG z390 ACE. There are 2 questions, there are still a couple of days before the build.

1) I decided to replace the standard front 3x120mm coolers in the case with 2x140mm Noctua NF-A14 pwm with a stronger air flow for blowing the motherboard / RAM. Is this the right decision? Is it possible that the increased air flow affects the air intake of the NZXT Kraken x62 worse?

2) For a long time I chose cooling for the processor and settled on NZXT Kraken x62. Not all components have arrived yet to build a PC, and there is time to “change”. If someone has already come across this processor and can tell you how to cool off from practical experience, it would be very cool.
Thought over 360 AIO, but didn’t find it at an affordable price that was more efficient in cooling than NZXT Kraken x62. And some sites tested with i9-9900ks with Kraken x62.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
These are almost non-questions, so not really sure how to answer.

You can use whatever intake fans you want. It shouldn't have much of an impact on other fans in the system. It would take an extremely powerful airflow to have a significant impact on fans at the distances inside of a standard chassis.

Nothing wrong with a Kraken X62, you've looked at the testing results yourself. Not some crazy exotic CPU, just a binned 9900k, and it will still run as Intel intends. Their TDP numbers may be a completely made up thing, but that is what reviews are for.

Reactions: Elmore