Question Cooling issue

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
Hi I recently upgraded to a AIO due to temps I was getting on 7700k and now there worse let me explain I’ll list all parts at bottom
Stock no overclock on cpu

So I had a dark rock pro 3 cooler on my i7 7700k I started hitting 90c xmp on wasn’t happy so I upgraded to h150i RGB pro 360mm AIO which has very good reviews however now I’m at 100c if I run with xmp on and hit 90c with it off I’m not comftable building my pc or changing parts so I paid a shop to do it with cooler in total I’m close to a 400£ bill now with all issue I’ve had and I don’t know what to do I use the msi gaming pro carbon z270 board if that matters I’ve had bios updated the computer is pristine clean so it’s not dust I have haf x case it’s been very good in all pc builds I’ve ever had I don’t know how to overclock so it’s all stock I just want my ram to run at it’s marketed speed and not hit 90c in games with no overclock I thought this was plug and play

As I said before I don’t do any work on my pc I pay to have it done so every change costs me so I need help to save my bank balance I’m scared to break it I can’t afford a new pc

Now my plan is to buy a 9700k and I need a board that the xmp will work on it without being silly hot And I need a fix for this as stated everything atm is stock no xmp and it’s 90c in Jurassic park evo

Build details

HAF x cool master case 230mm fan intake front 200mm fan side intake 140mm fan rear exhaust
H150i RGB pro top mounted all fans set to exhaust 3x fans 140 or 120mm liquid temp 27c - 34c
I7 7700k STOCK
2x 8gb 3200 Corsair lpx
Corsair rm750x psu
1tb barracuda data drive
500gb Samsung evo SSD
Aurous GTX 1080ti open shroud cooler not blower style 45c max temp ever hit.
1x misc optical drive never used.
Windows 10 pro legal copy all updated
Completely updated every driver and bios

Md Noman 1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
Hi I recently upgraded to a AIO due to temps I was getting on 7700k and now there worse let me explain I’ll list all parts at bottom
Stock no overclock on cpu

So I had a dark rock pro 3 cooler on my i7 7700k I started hitting 90c xmp on wasn’t happy so I upgraded to h150i RGB pro 360mm AIO which has very good reviews however now I’m at 100c if I run with xmp on and hit 90c with it off I’m not comftable building my pc or changing parts so I paid a shop to do it with cooler in total I’m close to a 400£ bill now with all issue I’ve had and I don’t know what to do I use the msi gaming pro carbon z270 board if that matters I’ve had bios updated the computer is pristine clean so it’s not dust I have haf x case it’s been very good in all pc builds I’ve ever had I don’t know how to overclock so it’s all stock I just want my ram to run at it’s marketed speed and not hit 90c in games with no overclock I thought this was plug and play

As I said before I don’t do any work on my pc I pay to have it done so every change costs me so I need help to save my bank balance I’m scared to break it I can’t afford a new pc

Now my plan is to buy a 9700k and I need a board that the xmp will work on it without being silly hot And I need a fix for this as stated everything atm is stock no xmp and it’s 90c in Jurassic park evo

Build details

HAF x cool master case 230mm fan intake front 200mm fan side intake 140mm fan rear exhaust
H150i RGB pro top mounted all fans set to exhaust 3x fans 140 or 120mm liquid temp 27c - 34c
I7 7700k STOCK
2x 8gb 3200 Corsair lpx
Corsair rm750x psu
1tb barracuda data drive
500gb Samsung evo SSD
Aurous GTX 1080ti open shroud cooler not blower style 45c max temp ever hit.
1x misc optical drive never used.
Windows 10 pro legal copy all updated
Completely updated every driver and bios
my old cpu use to idling at around 45c yesterday i swapped my cpu with a core2 duo and it was idling at 60 to 65 and under load it was hitting 80c. something was up with the cpu. ask your shop if they can test it with another cpu.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
There has to be something else going on, either of those coolers should be seeing those temps on a non-overclocked 7700k.

Do you get better or same temps if you remove the side panel and use a desk or house fan to blow air into your case?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Did you use a house fan to blow air into the case?

When I said fan, I meant something like this:

nI6vx5v.jpg

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
Yea wasn’t as good as that tho was a tower fan temp dropped idle very slightly but 2 seconds of intel extreme tuning was 100c thermal throttled from a cold boot entire 5 mins

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
I didn’t do the install as I said in post I know nothing so I pay a technician at a overclockers store near me they charged 200 pound so I hope they took plastic film off

140 for cooler 60 for fitting and full system de dusting

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
Defiantly reading c don’t worry I did a double take when I saw them lol I’ve took it back there reply is can’t refund cooler nothing wrong with cooler they tested it on another system and then charged me a further 30 pound and said just leave xmp off doesn’t make much differences

Defiantly reading c don’t worry I did a double take when I saw them lol I’ve took it back there reply is can’t refund cooler nothing wrong with cooler they tested it on another system and then charged me a further 30 pound and said just leave xmp off doesn’t make much differences
I'm pretty sure there's a return policy. Make use of that and tell them if they aren't going to help you that you'll take your computer to someone else that will. Ask to speak to a manager.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Any work on a client's pc should have a minimum of 30day warranty. It's their responsibility to make sure it's working within operational standards before letting it out of the shop. 100°C is not within anyone's scope anywhere of operating temps, that even goes back all the way to Intel.

I could understand the possible extra charge if they had to go into bios/software and fix stuff to get temps right, but that was the purpose of the visit in the first place, and it should have been tested to see if it was working right. If it wasn't, then they have a phone and should have called to verify if you were OK with it as it was or wanted them to further investigate.

That's like going to a tire shop and getting new tires, damn things better get balanced considering the cost extra for installation.

Seriously shoddy customer treatment.

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
I agree but as I went to him with the temp issue with dark rock he says he just had to fit cooler not fix issue which is technically what I paid him for I just was not expecting a 360 mm rad to preform worse than air

But if you guys are out of ideas that bring me to last part of my post any really good Mobo that can run xmp on 9700k with out cooling issues and I’ll just save for that and bin this mobo and chip cos I’m guessing it’s dead

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
You should learn to Google and YouTube 'how to' do things so you don't over spend like this.

What you are being charged is absolutely highway robbery and serviced by very questionable business practice.

It’s not the learning what to do I watch Linus and jayz2cents all the time it’s I don’t want to break anything by messing up with expensive parts I don’t trust myself and I can’t afford to replace most of the time

I agree but as I went to him with the temp issue with dark rock he says he just had to fit cooler not fix issue which is technically what I paid him for I just was not expecting a 360 mm rad to preform worse than air

But if you guys are out of ideas that bring me to last part of my post any really good Mobo that can run xmp on 9700k with out cooling issues and I’ll just save for that and bin this mobo and chip cos I’m guessing it’s dead
There are so many factors involved and some of them don't make any sense. There's multiple two part issues and most of them being user error. I honestly don't think they installed the AIO properly. You're going to have to do what someone recently diagnosed with cancer that doesn't run in the family. There is a return policy, get a refund and get a second opinion. Don't pay anyone to install anything, have them diagnose and resolve/correct the issue.

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
K I’ll check with him again on return policy pretty sure I’ll get same answer so any one know a good board for 9700k where I can use xmp please I don’t want this again so I’m going to look at replacing cos I have a feeling it’s board broken just gut feeling

If so may as well get the chip at same time thank you

K I’ll check with him again on return policy pretty sure I’ll get same answer so any one know a good board for 9700k where I can use xmp please I don’t want this again so I’m going to look at replacing cos I have a feeling it’s board broken just gut feeling

If so may as well get the chip at same time thank you
Disregard what they said about xmp. Xmp has nothing to do with your processor temps. Plus you didn't even know what xmp was probably until they mentioned it which means it was disabled because you have to manually enable it. What motherboard do you have?

Last edited:

jiraiyah

Prominent
Mar 8, 2018
Yea I enabled it many times msi gaming pro carbon z270

Reason I’m bringing up xmp is after it was mentioned I did some forum research and ALOT of people have the issue some thing to do with the pll voltage