[SOLVED] Cooling Lian Li O11 Dynamic

joemconnor93

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've picked up a Lian Li O11 Dynamic (thanks for the advice on these forums!) and was wondering how best to cool my system.

I've watched a few videos and read a few guides about the optimum fan / radiator configuration but wanted to check my plan here.

My system differs from test builds I have seen because I only have a 240 mm radiator with my AIO CPU cooler. Everything else will be air cooled.

Here is a diagram of my plan - could you let me know if it looks sensible? View: https://imgur.com/a/peVjiW4

Thank you!

Here is my full build for reference:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 870 QVO 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 2 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Vision OC
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
Power Supply: Corsair RMx White (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
You better off with a240mm rad as intake on the side at front and have the fans everywhere else.

Heat rises and all the heat from your GPU will go through the AIO radiator and heat up CPU as it exits case, if you put it as exhaust at top of case.
I helped someone this week with a very similar layout but they had a 3090. It might look good but you get better results having AIO at front getting cool air from outside case. Away from the GPU.

Temperature of CPU drops 10C just by moving the aio to front (depends on gpu shroud design)

if you don't have PC yet I would suggest 1 set of 32gb ram instead of chancing it with 2 sets. You might get errors down road trying to get 2 sets to play nice together.

I have same AIO...

Colif

Win 11 Master
You better off with a240mm rad as intake on the side at front and have the fans everywhere else.

Heat rises and all the heat from your GPU will go through the AIO radiator and heat up CPU as it exits case, if you put it as exhaust at top of case.
I helped someone this week with a very similar layout but they had a 3090. It might look good but you get better results having AIO at front getting cool air from outside case. Away from the GPU.

Temperature of CPU drops 10C just by moving the aio to front (depends on gpu shroud design)

if you don't have PC yet I would suggest 1 set of 32gb ram instead of chancing it with 2 sets. You might get errors down road trying to get 2 sets to play nice together.

I have same AIO cooler on a 3600xt, and CPU runs at 40c at idle using the quiet fan plan in Icue. Most I seen is 80 maybe.

Last edited:
Solution

joemconnor93

Commendable
Aug 13, 2018
Thank you for the detailed response. I've gone back and forth about this for a while and I've watched that video before - it makes more sense the more I watch it!
I do have an open shroud GPU so it sounds like a front mounted rad with intake at the bottom and exhaust at the top would be the way to go.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Yes, open shroud is the type that you can get 10c less on front than on the top. According to video.

I watched videos on it tonight and there are different approaches, it really depends on the case I think. Yours is open enough to benefit from having it away from GPU at front, any heat expelled by gpu in that direction would be blown away by the aio fans.

Its what I would do with that case. I almost got one last year but I didn't want to buy all the fans, Case I chose had 3 already.

TRENDING THREADS