cooling my build

ws_volt

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014
So i have an ASUS ROG crosshair V formula Z motherboard, but ive noticed its running at mid 60sC when playing not very taxing games, if i were to play bf4 it would starting hitting 70/70C, way too hot. My case is the FAH 912 plus, so my question is, what is the best way for me to improve my cooling. currently the heatsink is outdated and not very good, so that needs replacing, but id like to go wootercooling (just a little self contained cpu one). so what would fit, whats good, i dont know much about heatsinks or watercooling since ive never had an issue with heating before. the rest of my build is: CPU: amd fx 8x 4.0ghz GPU: sapphire 7970 vapour-x 3gb ram: 8gb. i was looking at the crosshair h100i for watercooling, but im not sure ti would fit. thanks in advance.

fatboyslimerr

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Some good options in order of value to cooling performance
Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 - great budget option
Noctua NH-D14 - Amazing air cooler that runs very quiet
Cosair H80i - 120mm thick AIO water cooler - good cooler but not good value for money.

I think a h100i will only fit externally as there is no mounting options for it.

ws_volt

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

hmm, yea ive had a look at the h80i, though the cables seem really short (the water pipes) so i dont know where id put one. the evo 212 looks great, if i dont get watercooling thats the one ill go with i think, thanks.

ws_volt

Reputable
Apr 4, 2014

yea, thats where id put one. what im going to do is get a 212 evo for now, and then when i get more money get a h80i and a new case. thanks for the help.