Question Cooling my gaming laptop ASUS FX705

odedgal67

Distinguished
May 31, 2012
Hi guys, so when I am playing games on my ASUS FX705 I am reaching temperatures of close to 100C in my CPU. I would like to buy a cooling pad that is also a stand (that makes the laptop higher) that coold the laptop while gaming. Do you recommend the "Cooler Master SF-17"? Is it really helpful? How much degrees will this drop for me while gaming on my laptop?

Please answer with your opinions / experience since I want to buy this one very soon :)

Jun 15, 2019
Personally I've never used a "cooling pad" for a laptop but when the CPU reaches above 80 I'd use some cooling compound on the CPU but I'm not quite sure if you can do that for laptops unfortunately.

Buying a cooling pad may help but it seems like the CPU is on it's way out. I've never had a CPU reach over 60 when playing games for long periods of time using a GTX 1060

Can you buy that cooler locally?
So you can check to make sure the intake vents aren't blocked by there design.
What cpu ? I have a Asus fx504gm es74
With the i7-8750h.
I undervolted it to -0.155 with Intel xtu which has helped drop the heat and power throttling issue on mine.
I made my cooler from parts i had around and a trip to home depot.
The combination of cooler and undervolting has made a world of difference.

Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys, so when I am playing games on my ASUS FX705 I am reaching temperatures of close to 100C in my CPU. I would like to buy a cooling pad that is also a stand (that makes the laptop higher) that coold the laptop while gaming. Do you recommend the "Cooler Master SF-17"? Is it really helpful? How much degrees will this drop for me while gaming on my laptop?

Please answer with your opinions / experience since I want to buy this one very soon :)
Hi i was wondering if your heating issue got solved. I think i can help you