Jan 12, 2019
I'm a first time PC builder and was wondering what a good cooler for an i5 9600k would be.

I often run long operations through Adobe products (LR, PS, PR) and CaptureOne and am hoping to have a constant overclock of 4.6ghz without exceeding 75C.

I've heard many great things about Noctua products so I'm leaning towards one of their tower coolers but I'm open to suggestions.

What would be the most cost efficient + quiet CPU cooler that can meet these demands? Thank you in advance!

Jan 12, 2019
Well that depends entirely on your case. Without knowing exactly what will fit, it's hard to make any honest recommendations.
Sorry for the delay -

Honestly, the case was the last thing on my mind to buy but this:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...rebbr=1&cm_re=midtower-_-11-352-067-_-Product
seems like a good option. fits my IO needs and comes with two 120mm fans. (I'd probably add a third 140mm fan)

I'm also open to case recommendations, if you're so willing. Basically, I'm up for any case that is cheap, reasonably solid, and not flashy. This computer will reside in a small professional photography studio.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You'll not find a case as good as the focus G anywhere near that price range currently, you'd have to to $80 to get better. Does come in a mATX size too, as well as black, red, blue versions.

It's a photography studio, so silence and an optical bay are premium considerations, not a luxury.

I'd use either an NH-D15S for air cooling, or a nzxt Kraken x62 for liquid cooling (set CAM for silent mode and use liquid temps not cpu temps) and you'll want 2x 140mm additional fans if aircooling, Noctuas or beQuiet silentwings 2/3 series. Fans should be set for lower than @ 900rpm max.

The focus G has very good airflow, so you won't need high speed fans, which just create noise and distractions.

Reactions: fishinacup

TRENDING THREADS