cooling p4 CPU

Helloo,
my system has 1.7GHZ intel processor and problem is that it gets hot
50C and above some time . how can i cool it down the fan speed is
3600rpm.

Aamir wrote:
> Helloo,
> my system has 1.7GHZ intel processor and problem is that it gets hot
> 50C and above some time . how can i cool it down the fan speed is
> 3600rpm.

I wouldn't worry about temps like that. It is quite normal.

Go shopping for a new heatsink/fan combo if the noise of
the cpu fan bothers you, but other than that I'd take an
"If it ain't broke ..." approach.

AJ

"Aamir" <aamirsq_001@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message news:41c16b39$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
> Helloo,
> my system has 1.7GHZ intel processor and problem is that it gets hot
> 50C and above some time . how can i cool it down the fan speed is
> 3600rpm.

3600 RPM fans huh.
Ah yes, another place where mechanical engineers apparently weren't consulted (facetious):
cooling fans. I'm surprised they didn't put a playing card with a clothespin on those things
so they would sound really cool! (OK, maybe they were going after the turbine engine sound
instead).

AJ